Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fret not...

Our Daily Bread
OK, I admit it.  I am a fretter.  hehehe  I fret a lot.  A lot more than I should.  Fret, fret, fret!  Oh well.

Today's devotional is a follow up lesson for me that God talked to me about over the weekend.  I was fretting about the evil that a close friend was doing (he is not really evil, but has been doing some very unhealthy things).  I fretted over it.  I have tried talking to him about it.  I have tried lambasting him for it.  Nothing works.  After another fervent prayer about the situation, I finally heard what God was telling me all along -- "I got this.  Let me handle him.  Love him as your close friend."  Wow!  What a relief!

I also manifest my fretting in creative ways in my silly head sometimes.  I think of all the possible scenarios, well, I should say all the negative scenarios that might happen.  I try to come up with my possible responses to those scenarios.  It wastes so much time and energy!  God has been helping me with that as well as I turn over my fretting to him.

Lord, thank you for helping me cast all my cares (and fretting) to you.

Teaching Tuesday
The Disciple 1 lesson this week is called Consequences.  Wow!  The consequences we read about are when the children of Israel turned against God by worshiping other gods and other pagan practices.  If they acknowledged their God at all, it was with insincere and ritualistic sacrifices to try to cover their butts!  hehehe  You can't CYA when it comes to God!  ha!

What were the consequences?  Israel and Judah were overrun by neighboring powers.  Jerusalem and the Temple were restored.  The Hebrew people were scattered across the kingdoms.

Even in the darkest times, God showed his love by revealing through his prophets that he would still be with the remnant of Israel.  He would bring them back to the land he promised some day.  He was still their God.

I looked at my own life and the consequences of my actions.  It is tough sometimes because you can't always see the consequences immediately.  Think about that this week.  I know I will.

Other Stuff
I had a great evening.  My eye doctor appointment yesterday afternoon went very well.  I am very thankful.  I go back to the doctor on December 23 for another follow up visit.  The vision in my left eye is improving almost every day.

I had several good conversations with my new friend.  I really like him.  ;-p

My ex called me last night.  When I listened to the voice mail, I knew what had happened.  I called him and my hunch was correct.  He had a death in his family and he wanted me to know.  His aunt always treated me so well when we were together.  She was very sweet.  We will all miss her smile and funny ways.

Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment