Thursday, December 15, 2011

Overcome evil...

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I like adventure movies where the good guy whoops up on the bad guy!  Go good guy!  There is usually a lot of shooting and stuff blowing up.  ;-p

As children of God, we are called to overcome evil, but not by shooting and blowing stuff up!  We are to overcome evil with good.  I usually don't paste the scripture passage in this section, but the passage from Romans 12 that gives us instructions on how to fight evil with good:


9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.

 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[b] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

   “If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
   if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[c]

 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


So now we know what to do and how to do it!  Make it so!

Lord, thank you for the instruction in your scripture.  Help us always do your will.

Technology Thursday
There are a lot of articles floating around the Internet lately about scientists possibly discovering the "god particle".  This has been the stuff of fiction and movies for a long time.  There is a theory that one specific type of particle is the building block for our universe.  Hmmmmm.  We called it a carbon molecule when I was in school!  hehehe

This "discovery" is prompting discussions in many circles including religious groups (much like the Angels and Demons movie with Tom Hanks).

Personally, I believe that my God can't be described in entirety in our big blue sky.  I don't see how God can be reduced to a particle!  hehehe

Other Stuff
I had another busy day and evening.  I had a concert at work at lunch.  Only one more work concert to go today.  I have one more concert on Sunday to end the concerts for this season.  Whew!  It has been fun, but a lot of work.  The rehearsals are what really kill me!

I went to see the movie The Descendants after work.  My friend saw it on Monday.  We are going to compare notes.  I will review it on Movie Monday.  I went to D1 class after the movie, where I gave my devotional on my "wax on, wax off" moments.

I finished most of my housework chores.  I still need to do a little light house cleaning.  I also need to wrap presents and organize my office.  I have let it get too cluttered the past two months.  ;-p

Let go , my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment