Friday, December 30, 2011

What is your gift?

Our Daily Bread
I had a funny moment on Christmas Day.  We were getting our name tags at the front desk of the hospital where my great-nephew is staying.  The receptionist didn't see me.  She acted surprised when she finally saw me and said something like "Oh, I saved you for last since you are special".  Being terribly shy and withdrawn I said "Yes, my mommy says I am special too.  She is right here.  You can ask her if you want!". hehehe

That funny story leads into today's devotional.  God thinks each one of us is special in our own way.  He gives us or helps us develop our own unique gifts.  Figuring out what those gifts are and how to use them can be a challenge at times.  What are your gifts?  Are you using them for God?

Lord, please help each of us determine our gifts and dedicate them to you!

Foodie Friday
My best friend made something like this for me on Tuesday night. He is sending me the exact recipe so I can make it for mi tigre when he visits next month.  Here is a similar recipe I found for Shrimp Scampi Pasta


Shrimp Scampi with Pasta
Serves: 2
Total time: 20 min     Prep time: 10 min

20 shrimp
5 tbsps butter
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
5 tbsps lemon juice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
8 ozs fettuccine (pasta cooked)

1 Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
2 Add shrimp to butter. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
3 Saute over medium high. Add lemon juice.
4 Cook three minutes more with lid on.
5 Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve over angel hair pasta.



Other Stuff
I was not feeling well yesterday.  I have had trouble keeping my blood sugar down this week.  Things work that way for diabetics sometimes.  I admit that I haven't been eating as well as I should this week.  The holiday spirit took over my eating habits!  Yikes!  I was feeling needy and a little down.  Mi tigre listened to me at lunch time.  He was so sweet as he encouraged me, sent me an amazing song and called later to check on me.  ;-)  I appreciated it so much.  We are always doing stuff like this for each other.  I have been looking around Columbus for Pepsi Throwback, his favorite drink.  I haven't found any stores that carry it regularly.  I managed to scrounge up enough for his upcoming visit after searching about 10 - 15 stores!  hehehe  The treasure hunt was fun.  Some of my friends helped!  hehehe

I also had a fun night with my best friend.  We had a very nice supper at J Alexanders, one of my special places to eat.  We did some shopping, including a Costco run!  Woohooooo!  He used his $50 Costco gift card.  I called my Mentor when I got home to check on him.  We had a nice talk.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment