Friday, December 9, 2011

Wisdom, most of all

Our Daily Bread
What would I ask for if I had three wishes?  Hmmmmm.  My first thoughts are: all the money I would ever want, health, live forever.  Hmmmm.  My second thought, from a more "child of God" point of view, would be: for everyone to have a good relationship with God, world peace, and no more hunger.  I guess there might be some balance there after all!  hehehe  Another thought is to ask for the love of my lifetime (forever?).  This is sort of like dreaming what it would be like to win the lottery!  It can be nice to dream sometimes!

The story in today's devotional is about God offering Solomon anything he wanted.  Solomon asked for wisdom to guide God's people.  He was already very wise for his age!  I guess that might be because his father was King David!  Solomon showed much wisdom after that wish and was acknowledged around the world (at that time) for his wisdom!

What would you ask for?

Lord, help us all be wise in our prayers and the things we ask for!

Foodie Friday
I bought some corn bread stuffing crumbs last year (don't worry, they are good for years).  I found this recipe to make something out of them.


Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops
Ingredients:

4 thick bone-in pork chops, at least 1 1/4-inches thick
salt and pepper
.
Stuffing:
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
2 cups cornbread crumbs, from freshly made cornbread or packaged crumbs
1/2 cup chopped golden raisins or dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
dash sage, crumbled, optional
chicken broth, about 1/2 cup, to moisten
salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:

Cut a pocket into the meaty side of chop, cutting in all the way to the bone.
In a saucepan, heat butter over medium low heat; add celery, onion, and bell pepper. Saute vegetables until tender. Add remaining ingredients, adding enough chicken broth to moisten as desired and taste before adding salt and pepper.

Stuff pockets of pork chops with the stuffing mix. Set remaining stuffing mix aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chops, turning carefully to brown both sides. Push chops aside and spoon remaining stuffing in the middle of the skillet (if your skillet is not oven-safe, use a baking dish), then position the chops over the stuffing. Cover the skillet or baking dish and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, until chops are cooked through.
Serves 4.


Other Stuff
Busy day yesterday!  Had a few meetings at work.  Walked with my walking buddy.  Forgot my concert tickets at home, so I had to go home after my doctor appointment to retrieve them.  That allowed me to take a short nap.  My friend and I were both busy, so we didn't get to talk much.  We communicated via voice mail and texts.  I really missed talking to him!

I have two concerts today -- one at work and the first mens chorus concert tonight.  My mom and sister arrive tomorrow morning so they can attend the Saturday night concert.  Should be a fun weekend, though tiring!

Let go my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment