Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wait for it, wwwaaaiiitttt for it...

Our Daily Bread
Yeah, I am not a  "waiter".  hehehe  I am a doer.  I am a talker who does stuff.  I have a tendency to be very transparent as you can read in this blog!  I am learning more about "holding things in your heart", but I am not very good at it!  I am doing my best to wait for the relationship with mi tigre to develop.  Our feelings are growing more each day.  It is well worth the wait!

The devotional today is about waiting.  Waiting for God to work.  Having faith when faith doesn't seem like an option.  Things don't always work in on our schedule whether it be a romance, a new job, a new house, a baby, or whatever it is you are waiting for.

What is the important lesson here?  For me, it is to keep learning, keep living, keep having faith each and every day of our short lives.  Putting God first.  Treating people as we would treat ourselves.

Lord, help us to be patient.  Help us to trust you and love others!

Teaching Tuesday
We don't have Disciple 1 this week due to the holidays.  I want to write a little about good news.

One of the themes of our Christmas service at church was how the folks who first heard about the birth of Jesus spread the good news.  The angels spread the news to the shepherds.  The star shone bright to lead the wise men.  The shepherds told as many people as would listen about the things they saw and heard.

I know how I am about spreading good news.  My friends are tiring of me talking about mi tigre.  He is the best news I have had in a while now.  I can't help talking about him!

My prayer is that I will always remember that so many folks need to hear the good news of Jesus Christ.  Not only around Christmas, but all year long!

Other Stuff
I had a good day off on Monday!  I slept in.  I saw the movie War Horse.  I ran a few errands, including buying a new snow blower (couldn't find a used one).  I did some stuff around the house.  I took a short nap.  My best friend arrived and we went to dinner at Buca di Beppo.  We had a nice time catching up.  He hadn't seen the new family room furniture or the construction work I had done in the basement.  Very nice.  I also got to talk to mi tigre.  I really like him.  I love it when he teases me.  I haven't been that way with many people in my life.

Back to work today.  I want to get some stuff done in our labs while folks are out and can't bother me.  ;-p  I will see how motivated I am.  ha!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment