Thursday, December 8, 2011

We shall behold...

Our Daily Bread
We shall behold heaven and all of God's glory some day if we are his children!  Wow!  We can only dream about what it will be like.  The writings in the Bible are hard to fathom!

So is it healthy to think about heaven all the time?  IMHO, I think it is healthier to work to bring heaven to earth!  Isn't that what the Lord's Prayer talks about?  "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"?  While the thought of heaven can be comforting during difficult times, especially during the death of a loved one, working to bring God's will to this world is our main goal!

Lord, I want to bring your will to this earth.  Please help me be sensitive to that each minute of each day.

Technology Thursday
Once again, there isn't much going on in the technology world.  Phones are passe, tablets are boring now, desktops are sort of dead, laptops are dropping in price each day, blah, blah, blah.  What is there to write about?

CHRISTMAS SALES!  Woohoooo!  I found several good deals on technology the past month.  Unless you are looking for a flat panel TV, check out the sales on Bestbuy.com, amazon.com, microcenter.com, etc. for some amazing deals.  Unless you find a jaw dropping deal on a TV now, wait until January to buy one of those!

I found a great deal on an I5 processor laptop at Micro Center.  I pointed it out to two friends of mine who purchased them.  I found a Bluray player deal on Best Buy.com.  My best friend bought one of those and is thrilled with the picture quality and all the video services he can access via the wireless networking interface.  I found a couple of deals on bluetooth adapters and bluetooth headsets.  I bought one of each for my new iPod Nano.

I am going to hold off on any more technology purchases for a while.  I want to save some more money for other purposes.  I know that is crazy talk, but that is what I am going to do.  hehehe

Other Stuff
I am thinking and praying for my ex's family today.  He lost his aunt on Tuesday.  The grave side service is this morning.  She was a dear lady.  She and her late husband were always so nice to me when we were together.  We will all miss her smile and laugh.

I ran a few errands after work last night, then had dinner with Flybear.  We had a nice talk.  I tried not to gush too much talking about my new friend.  ;-p  I went to D1 class after that.  I stopped by my hero's house for a CD she burned for me, then talked on the phone on the way home.  I fell into bed and went fast to sleep.  Whew.  The next few days will be very busy with concerts.

My mother fell and broke her arm on Tuesday.  Old people are so delicate!  hehehe  I tease her about that.  She is still coming to visit this weekend and hear my concert on Saturday night.  She was worried about getting my Buckeyes made.  I reassured her that I will have time to make them after this weekend.  Silly momma!  hehehe  FYI, Buckeyes are like homemade Reeses Cups that are shaped like the buckeye nut and dipped in chocolate.  I have been making them for my family for years.  I outsource them to my mother some years.  hehehe

I have dress rehearsal tonight.  Should be fun.  ;-p

Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment