Friday, December 2, 2011

He listens... and responds!

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever had a friend who doesn't seem to listen?  You almost hate to have conversations with him or her because you have to repeat yourself over and over because the person is distracted by the folks around you, the cell phone, the TV, etc.  I think we all have!

Have you ever felt that God isn't listening?  I think we all have!  My biggest problem with "waiting on God" is I have no patience sometimes.  God's time is not always our time!  That means we often want immediate answers when immediate answers are not what is best for us.  There have been several times in my life when I realized that if God had answered my prayers years before, I wouldn't have been ready for the answer.  I still had some learning to do before I could handle the answers!  hehehe  God has opened up my eyes to the prerequisite training that he requires sometimes before giving us the desires of our hearts!  There are rarely "Cliff Notes" available for these kinds of life lessons.  You just have to learn them!

Lord, thank you for teaching me so much about life and love and your will.  I want and need to learn much more.

Foodie Friday
As you may remember, I traveled last week to St Louis and Kansas City.  I had some great meals in KC (I am accustomed to having great meals in St Louis since I have been there so many times!).

I had a Kansas City Strip steak at a restaurants called Houstons.  It was amazing!  My dinner partner had the filet.  He let me taste his filet because he said it was probably better than any I ever tasted.  It was!  I really enjoyed the meal (and the company!).

I also had some Kansas City BBQ at Gates.  It is one of the BBQ institutions in KC.  "May I help you?" rings out when you walk up to the counter.  "Will that be to stay?" they ask (eat in).  I ate there twice during the week.  I had the beef brisket with their original sauce.  Amazing!  It was the best beef brisket I had ever had.  The sauce was tangy and spice with a nice smoky flavor.  I bought a bottle to bring home.  I bought a bottle of the extra hot sauce for my hero.

Lastly, I ate at Cinzetti's, an Italian buffet.  You might be thinking "an Italian Hometown Buffet" kind of place?  Noooo!  They make their dishes in small batches so it stays fresh on each station.  It was amazing!  I ate too much, of course, but it was worth it!  For dessert, I had a dense chocolate cake with vanilla cream sauce.  MmmMMmm!

We had a great trip.  I really enjoyed my stay there.

Other Stuff
My left eye is trying to heal up.  I am going to relax this weekend.  I go back to the doctor on Monday for a check up.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment