Wednesday, December 28, 2011

He ain't heavy...

Our Daily Bread
He ain't heavy, he's my bro-uh-ther!  That is the title of a song from my early childhood (I think the 60's or early 70s).  It fits well with today's devotional!

It speaks about how we treat each other.  The specific reference is to slavery and how wrong it is to shackle another human being.  We end up shackling ourselves as well!  As much as we hate to believe it, slavery still occurs today!  

The devotion also talks how we should treat each other as children of God.  The passage from Galatians is beautiful.  In short, it says to be sure to clean your own house as well as help keep your neighbor's house clean as well, in the complete spirit of love!  We are to help each other overcome, helping bear each other's burdens.

Lord, I want to help others. Please help me maintain my own relationship with you so I can do that!

Witness Wednesday
The devotional sparked a thought from this last week.  I had a friend who was down.  We talked and talked.  I followed up with him.  I made him promise me that he wouldn't wait a whole day before he called or texted me if he was having a bad day.  He agreed.  I also made him agree that he would call or text when he was having a good day.  I told him we needed to praise the Lord either way!  Bearing each other's burdens can be a joy.

I also realized that bearing each other's burdens can be draining if you don't recharge often with prayer and Bible study and talking to close friends.  One of the many things I like about talking to mi tigre is that our conversations energize me.  We have been able to do that for each other a few times now in the short time we have known each other.  It is very special to have a friend like that.

Other Stuff
Speaking of friends, my best friend is visiting this week.  We are having a great time hanging out. He cooked supper last night.  I think that was a first.  It was very good.  I told mi tigre what we had for supper.  I have to get the recipe so we can make it when he visits in a few weeks.  ;-p

I am having a birthday/Christmas lunch with friends today.  It should be nice. I like eating at the Mohawk!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment