Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What is it about light?

Our Daily Bread
There are two things in this world that humans don't like too much of or two little of:  water and light!  We can see the damage that too much of each can do to us and to our surroundings!

Jesus used both of these things as symbols of himself.  He will give us living water.  He is the light of the world.  He also instills that light in us when we accept him and follow him.  We are then his light in our world.  Darkness will try to overcome us, but Christ's light will shine through us if we let it!

Lord, I want to be your light in this dark world.  I don't want to hide it under a bushel!

Witness Wednesday
Holding things in your heart
As I have been reading more and more in the Bible, I realized a concept that is foreign to me -- holding things in your heart.  There are many examples of this in the Old Testament and the New Testament.  Those of you that know me know that I usually say stuff as I think of it or as it hits me (and I can be a little dense at times!).  I don't usually "hold things in my heart".

What does this mean?  To me, it means that God told you something that you need to tuck away until a later time.  It is usually a promise or some advanced knowledge of future events.  This is not a mystical thing or sorcery like fortune telling, per se.  An example is the message that the angel gave to Mary about her son.  She held those things in her heart as she reared him and saw him grow into his destiny.  Wow!

So what has this meant to me?  I am learning about timing.  There are some things that God showed me the past few years that I have been waiting to happen.  Some have happened already.  Some seem to be happening right now as a new relationship develops.  I haven't told the man about these things because it is not the right time.  I am holding.  Holding.  Holding....  ;-p

What are the advantages and disadvantages of holding things in your heart?  First, it is difficult at times.  The fulfillment of these things causes immense excitement that you want to share.  I learned to share them with close friends and not necessarily the ones that are affected by it.  Holding things in your heart increases your faith and reliance in God because you can rest in his assurances.  How great is that!  Finally, holding things in your heart can cause some impatience.  Patience builds character and perseverance if we let it.  I know I have cried out to God at times in my impatience!

I am praying that you can listen to God for the things that you should hold in your heart.  That you can do a better job than me at being patient and resting God's promises!

Other Stuff
I had a relaxing evening.  I picked up my desserts for Christmas day at Costco.  I am not sure I will make something else or not.  ;-p  I did some laundry.  I finished my Christmas wrapping and packaging.  I actually watched a little TV (shock, shock).  Amazon Prime Instant Video is so cool!  I also finished my Christmas project for my new friend.  I posted it last night.  I hope he likes it.  He has been so sweet to me.  I want him to know how much I care about him.  I am not sure I will post the Youtube URL here or not.  I want to get his permission first.

He is visiting me in Columbus next month.  If you can possibly imagine this, I will not over plan or over prepare. He wants to see what my life is like.  He wants me to see what his life is like.  We will figure things out.  ;-p

I have D1 class tonight.  I need to run some errands before class.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment