Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dig, I say, Dig!!!

Our Daily Bread
Sorry for another Foghorn Leghorn reference, but I liked that cartoon character when I was growing up!  I still do!

The devotional for today was timely for me since we are studying the Psalms right now.  Very cool!  We are studying some more Psalms and the book of Proverbs for our next session after the first of the year.

I can testify that this devotional is true!  I started studying the Bible more in the last 18 months as part of the Disciple Bible study classes through my church.  They have been great so far!  Reading and "mining" the Word of God has meant so much to me!  I highly encourage everyone to find some kind of Bible study or regular Bible reading routine.

Lord, I know the Bible can't possibly contain all there is to know about you, but it is a great place to start!

Technology Thursday
Here are a few pieces of technology news from the last week and my opinions.  Watch out!  ha!

ATT-Tmobile deal dead
It appears that the ATT buyout of Tmobile is a dead deal instead of a done deal.  The fears of creating a duopoly in the wireless phone market in the US killed the deal.  Could Sprint pursue a deal with Tmobile next?  We will see.

BlackBerry/RIM dying or dead?
If you asked me this question two years ago, I would have said "heck no!".  Now I am not so sure.  The management at RIM seems clueless to what is going on around them.  They announced in the last week that their new QNX OS phones will be delayed until the end of 2012.  What?  Seriously?  The models I reviewed a few months ago were already outdated before they were ready for market!  They will now be delayed even longer?  This is not good news.  RIM is also losing its grip on the corporate market.  We will see what happens next.  There are talks of major management changes and other shake ups.

Facebook changes
I haven't been on Facebook for over two years, so I don't keep up with it as much as I used to.  I noticed several articles over the past few months about how Facebook is trying to make changes to retain users and to attract new users.  Frankly I think the people that "feel more connected" to others via Facebook couldn't connect with a real person if they were handcuffed together for a week.  Oh well.  I have a very different definition of "friend"!


Kindle Fire
Amazon has been selling the heck out of the Kindle Fire device (as well as the other Kindle devices).  Very cool!  To be frank, after using my iPad for almost 18 months, I think the Fire is OK.  It did not overwhelm me like the iPad did.  The Fire is only $200.  The entry level iPad is $500.  Try both before you decide what you want.  I am thinking about getting a low end Kindle for casual reading.  I like the small size and lighter weight of the e-ink Kindles.  They are so inexpensive now, it is not extravagant to have both a Kindle and an iPad!

Other Stuff
I ran a few errands after work last night.  I rested a little before the D1 class started.  I had an unexpected conversation with a friend who has been somewhat estranged the past few months.  We had a great conversation.  We got cut short when I received a call from my new friend.  I will try to reconnect with him today.  I had a great conversation with my new friend.  He says he is just a normal guy, but he is a very special man to me.  I look forward to getting to know him better and seeing where the relationship might go.  He sent me some cards the other day.  I look forward to receiving those today or tomorrow.

I get off work early today and don't have to return to work until Tuesday.  Woohooo!  I have a few holiday gatherings planned for the weekend with special friends.  They should be fun.  I am looking forward to the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services at church as well.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment