Friday, December 23, 2011

Ollie, Ollie, Oxen Free

Our Daily Bread


I remember playing tag and hide and seek when I was a kid.  When we couldn't find someone or we were tired of trying to tag someone we yelled "Ollie, Ollie, Oxen Free”.  I had no idea what it really meant, but we knew the were not going to be pursued any longer.  Click here for the origins of that phrase.


God pursues us today to be his children.  To have a relationship with him.  He is calling Ollie, Ollie, Oxen, Free to each human on this earth.  Come home today.  You don't have to run any longer.

Lord, thank you for calling us to a relationship with you!

Foodie Friday
I made a new broccoli cheese casserole for a dinner party last night.  I took several different recipes and combined them into my own creation.  Everyone seemed to like it!  Here is the recipe:

Duane's Broccoli Cheese Casserole

INGREDIENTS:
4 cups broccoli, trimmed
2 eggs, beaten
1 can condensed broccoli cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons minced green onions (or one teaspoon dried onion)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup regular panko
2 tablespoons butter

PREPARATION:
Steam broccoli for 7 minutes, drain and place in buttered casserole.

Combine the milk, soup, eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and pepper and cheddar cheese. Mix and pour over broccoli.

Toast panko with the butter til golden brown.  Cover casserole with panko.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-30 minutes.


Other Stuff
I have a follow up visit with the eye doctor this morning.  The eye appears to be healing very nicely.  Praise God!

I had another dental issue yesterday.  My temporary crown fell off.  It held up for over three weeks this time!  It feel out while I was eating a buckeye (go figure).  I found my dentist's backup person who took the time to fix it for me.  Thank you very much!

I had a great conversation with my friend.  He loved the video I made for him.  I wanted him to know how special he is to me and how special I feel every time he talks to me.  ;-p  I also reminded him he promised he would never stop singing to me!  hehehe

I got a nap in, then made my new broccoli cheese casserole for the chancel choir Christmas party.  It was nice.  I didn't stay very late.  I wanted to do a few things around the house before my friend called.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment