Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections of Joy

Our Daily Bread
I started singing when I was in elementary school.  I then sang in church and continued with that for many, many years.  One of the singing groups I participated in was called Reflections of Joy.  We really enjoyed singing together and singing for the Lord.  It seems that joy has been a major theme in my life!

I liked today's devotional.  The author talked about his personal journal and how he enjoyed writing it.  You are reading my personal journal right now.  I also enjoy writing it almost every day.  2012 starts my second full year of this blog.  Wow!  Do I write everything in this blog?  Not everything.  Do I care if no one reads it?  Not really.  If one friend or stranger reads this and gets something out of it, then that is OK with me!

What is God calling you to do in 2012?  I pray that you will seek God in the New Year.

Lord, thank you for loving us for another year.  Help us all serve you better in 2012.

Simply Saturday
I had a great week.  I got stuff done at work even when no one was around.  I had many good times with my best friend who arrived on Monday.  I had several great conversations with mi tigre.  He is so special to me.  I picked up a few things from Amazon.com that I wanted, including a Kindle Touch.  I am excited about this device and the carrying case I found for it.  The case has a strap that I can use to hold the device easily and turn the pages with a touch of my thumb!  How cool is that?  I can also hold the device with my left hand, and turn pages and write with my right hand when reviewing Bible passages.  Very cool!  I will write more about on Thursday

Mi tigre sent me some very special songs this week.  Wow...  We will see where this friendship goes.

I also noticed that through prayers and Bible study and getting to know this special man, God is helping melt away many of my insecurities about relationships.  As mi tigre says, 700 miles is not really that far when you think about it.  How sweet is that?  ;-p  I am looking forward to his visit in mid-January.

I will read and work around the house after my best friend leaves for home tomorrow.  There is a lot of D1 reading this week.  I have some laundry and dusting to do as well.  There is also the "clean up the guest room" routine after a visitor leaves.  Next week will be a little busy as the routine kicks back in!

My best friend and I are going to have a nice dinner tonight at Smith and Wollensky's then see the movie New Years Eve.  Should be fun.  I want to wish mi tigre a happy new year on Eastern time and Central time!  hehehe

I wish you and yours a safe and Happy New Years!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment