Monday, December 12, 2011

Only during the holiday season?

Our Daily Bread
Isn't it a shame that some folks are only "nice" around the holidays?  I don't mean children.  I am talking about adults!  hehehe  I guess this is my theme for the month of December.  How can we be generous and give people a break all year long and not just in November and December?

The devotional talks about how we should react to anger and unkind words.  We have a choice as children of God to lash back or to temper our response with God's love.  Yes, we do have a choice.  We have a choice of how we react in every situation, regardless of how rude or unkind folks are to us or to others.

What are my goals?  To respond more slowly, with the love of God in my voice.  To be kind to others even when they are not being kind or when others are not being kind to them.  Being a light in this dark world!

Lord, help all of us be a light in this dark world all year long!

Movie Monday
Didn't make it to the movies this week.  I was too busy with concerts.  I thought it was cool that my sister enjoyed several movies while staying at my house on Saturday night.  She watched one of my all-time favorites: The Princess Bride.  She also watched Lost in Space.  hehehe

Not sure I will get to the movies this week either.  The holidays are very busy for us musical types!

Other Stuff
I enjoyed church yesterday even though it was emotional one of our ministers is moving to a new church in January.  My mother and sister went to church with me.  I guess mom was tired because she made a beeline for the car right after church!  I had to put away my choir robe and pick up something from the church office. They left for home and had a safe trip.

I rested Sunday afternoon and got to talk to my friend.  I really enjoy talking to him.  ;-p  The CGMC evening concert went very well.  I talked with my friend again after the concert and then fell into bed!  I can relax a little bit this week.  The concerts at work and church start again on Wednesday.

I need to finish up my Christmas shopping.  I thought I had it all done only to find out that some friends want to exchange presents.  That was unexpected.  It will be fine.  I also want to send a box to my friend with a few little things he will enjoy.

Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment