Monday, December 26, 2011

Not exactly a jobs package...

Our Daily Bread
Yes, our president is trying so very hard to maintain and create jobs in this country.  It is not an easy thing!  I had a spirited discussion with a close friend the other day about the government and the economy.  As usual, I told him my opinion.  hehehe  It is my opinion that Americans want it all -- we want companies that make huge profits, we want good jobs and we want the jobs to say in the US.  Companies are taking the easy way out by offshoring many jobs to make more money.  The executives are paid by how much money they make, not by how many jobs they keep in the US!

Paul and some of his followers got into trouble because the message of Christ threatened the economy for many craftsman that made idols to the goddess Artemis.  When they realized that business was declining, they figured out why and tried to do something about it!  Wouldn't it be nice today if the massage parlors and strip clubs and nasty bars all complained because they didn't have enough business!?!  Everyone was so busy doing God's work that they would never go back to those places!

Lord, help us to spread your Word regardless of the impact!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies this week:  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Young Adult.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
This movie was long and involved.  While the first 80 minutes was sort of slow as the individual story lines developed, the last part of the movie more than made up for it!  The movie was sexy and disturbing and exciting and suspenseful most of the time!  If you are easily offended, do NOT see this movie.  There are rape scenes that are disturbing.

I give this movie three bear paws.  See it in the theater to get the full effect!

Young Adult
This movie was not what I expected at all.  I got the idea that it was a comedy.  It was not.  There were two fine performances by the lead characters.  In short, the movie is about a young adult that never got over her high school sweetheart.  I am talking obsessed here.  She goes back home to win him back because they are "meant" to be together.  Yikes.   The man is happily married and a new father!  The old high school acquaintance that she encountered was interesting.

I give this movie two bear paws for the acting.  The story was creepy.  Rent this one.

Other Stuff
I hope you had a nice Christmas!  I know I did!  After attending a great service at church, I drove to Wooster to pick up my mother.  There was a change in plans, so I had to be flexible.  I don't mind being flexible if someone can tell me what to do.  I have to admit that I was not as patient and flexible as I should have been.  I was very tired and felt drained after putting out so much energy the past few weeks.

I made it through the day.  It was worth the driving to Akron to see my great-nephew and spend time with my family even though it was in the Ronald McDonald House and the hospital.  It was nice to be together.  The family really liked their presents.  I am happy about that.

I had some nice conversations with mi tigre.  We were both busy with family stuff all day.  It was nice that we could take some time for each other in the evening.  I kept thinking how nice our Christmases will be if we decide to be together.

I plan to see the movie War Horse this morning.  My best friend is arriving this afternoon for a visit.  We always have a good time.  ;-)

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment