Saturday, December 24, 2011

We got this!

Our Daily Bread
I love sports.  I have played on several sports teams during my life (when I was healthy enough to play!).  One of the expressions of confidence that I loved was "We GOT this!"  That is the way I felt when I read the devotional today!

Victory over death through Jesus?  We GOT this!  hehehe  As children of God living in this world, it can be easy to let things get to us.  The world is so much different than us.  So I want to add this thought:  Victory over LIFE through Jesus?  We GOT this!  ;-)

Lord, thank you for victory.  Help us to remember that each and every minute of each and every day!

Simply Saturday
It has been a wild week for me.  A blessed week.  I will try to be brief!  hehehe

Work has been slow, but I had a really good meeting with my coworkers on Thursday.  It was cool.  I am looking forward to following up on this effort.

One of the things that I finally realized in my walk with God came out of my prayers about my next relationship.  I want to deal with the baggage I have from previous relationships so it doesn't interfere with my future relationships -- either romantic or close friendships.  This has been happening the past two months.  It culminated with some talks with one of the guys, I called him Yang on this blog, who added to my baggage the past few years.  I have struggled with forgiving myself and him for the way things have gone (and not gone) the past few years.  I am finally able to offer him a "no-strings-attached" close friendship that won't digress into another failed attempt as a romantic relationship.  He does not and will not ever feel that way about me.  I am so thankful I can care about him as my close friend and Christian brother.  God put us in each other's lives for such a reason.

I felt bad about my confusion with our friendship.  I finally realized through prayer and Bible study that my confusion was caused by a mixture of physical attraction and my lessons from God about how to love.  I misunderstood with both Yin and Yang that the love that God was starting to flow through my heart.  It was more intense than anything I had ever felt before.  I mistakenly tried transferring that to Yin and/or Yang as romantic love when it was something more important than romantic love.  God helped me forgive me for these mistakes and helped me offer both of them the kind of friendship they need and deserve.

God also taught me: let go of that baggage so it doesn't interfere with my relationship with him!  Praise God!

God used this growth to prepare me for my next (and hopefully lifelong) relationship).  I called them my "wax on, wax off" moments in a recent post.  ;-p  All the things that God has told me about in the past few years seem to be coming to pass in my current relationship.  This relationship is different.  God told me it would be different.  God told me other things that I may or may not write about.  I am not sure if I want to share some of these things.  I might actually "hold these things in my heart" like I wrote about last Wednesday.  ;-)  All I want to share right now is to ALWAYS trust God, even when the road ahead isn't clear.

I had some great talks with my friend this week.  We laughed.  We cried.  I sang him some Barry Manilow.  He sang to me.  He made me laugh so hard, I almost drove off the road the other day when he was teasing me about something silly.  He has touched my heart.  I seem to have touched his. I nicknamed him mi tigre (my tiger).  He calls me mi oso (my bear).   We will see where this friendship goes.

Today is Christmas Eve.  I have a wonderful day planned.  Go to a movie.  Talk to mi tigre.  Have a light dinner with my walking buddy and her husband.  I plan to sing at both Christmas Eve services at church.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment