Monday, December 5, 2011

A grandmother's love

Our Daily Bread
I could have been the "friend with a loving grandmother" that the author mentions in today's devotion.  My grandmother was my best friend when I was growing up.  She was a close second even after I met my current, long-time best friend from St Louis!  She would always try her best to do and say the right things with everyone she met.  She has been gone for almost 10 years now.  I miss her very much!

I think the biggest problem with churches today is that people forget our main mission -- loving others.  We are not here to judge or correct (except when love demands it).  We are supposed to, IMHO, lead people down the correct path through love.  That is not always easy.  There are some folks who can be difficult to love.  I have a friend (probably more of an acquaintance now) that can't seem to tell the truth (once again, IMHO).  He manipulates situations and people to his good without concern for their feelings.  I once felt God calling me to bring these things to his attention.  I realized that it was not helping the situation.  I keep him at arms length away, but still try to be a friend.  His birthday is this week.  I plan to give him a card, but not offer to take him out like I did last year or get him a present.  I don't like dishonest people in my life, but I need to be a child of God that loves while still protecting himself.

Do you have situations like that in your life?  How do you show the love of God through your life?

Lord, please help me to always love others even when they are unlovable!

Movie Monday
I went to see the movie Happy Feet 2 on Saturday.  How cute!  It was the same formula as the first one, which was fine with me!  Great music.  Cute characters.  A predictable story ending, though there were some surprises along the way.  I bought the soundtrack on Amazon.com because there were so many cool songs.  My favorite song, Bridge of Light, was only available when you bought the whole album.  It was much cheapter on Amazon.com than iTunes (weird...).

I give this movie three bear paws for the cute characters, great music and consistency with the first movie.  You can see it at the theater or wait til video.

Other Stuff
I went to church yesterday morning, then ran some errands.  I rested some Sunday afternoon before heading to mens chorus rehearsal.  It was a long rehearsal.  Most stuff seem to go very well.  It should be a great concert. Get your tickets now for this weekend!

I talked to mi tigre a couple of times.  He doesn't really talking on the phone, so I really appreciate him making the effort with me.  Long distance relationships are not easy.  We shared some more music yesterday.  That is very special to me as well.

I go back tot he eye doctor for another checkup this afternoon.  I will let you know how it goes.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment