Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking forward to it...

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever had guests at your home?  There is a lot of preparation before the visit as you clean the house, buy groceries, and clear your schedule.  There is a lot of anticipation for their arrival!

We should have a similar approach to the return of Christ.  This is different, however, than a house guest.  You usually know the day and time (or approximately) when the guest will arrive.  We do not know when Jesus will return.  We still need to prepare and stay prepared!  We can "keep our house clean" and do all good works as we are appointed until his coming!

Lord, will this be the year?  Only you know for sure.  Let us all be ready!

Special Edition - Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, my friends!  2011 was an interesting year!  2012 could be even more interesting!

Here is a synopsis of my 2011:
I had trips to Chicago, St Louis, Kansas City, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Orlando and Las Vegas.

I had two eye surgeries on my left eye (hopefully the last eye surgeries!).

I logged another year at my employer.  There is some unsurety about the future.  Who knows what will happen?

I had a decent year financially, though I my credit card balances are higher than what I want (see resolutions below).  I did some smart things.  I did some silly things.

I started losing weight again.  I plan to keep that up in 2012 (see resolutions below).

I finally worked through some personal relationship issues.  This is one of my most important accomplishments -- dropping the baggage that can interfere with my relationship with God and other relationships.

I strengthened some relationships and maintained others.

What a year!

Resolutions for 2012

  1. Lose weight
  2. Make better financial decisions, especially when it comes to using credit.  I sometimes lose discipline in this area of my life.
  3. Pursue the relationship with mi tigre as we figure out where our relationship will go.  I will take things slow!
  4. Follow my heart when it comes to the things of God

Whatever you pursue or whatever dreams you have, I hope you make the right things happen in 2012.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment