Monday, January 16, 2012

The earth tells...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional tells about a man that starting memorizing the Bible at a young age.  He memorized the entire New Testament and much of the Old Testament!  How insignificant does that make me feel when I haven't even read the entire Bible!  I can memorize models of cars and features, but not scripture!  I will have to work on that!

The devotional also talks about using scripture and Nature to see the works and nature of God.  How amazing it is to walk in a forest to admire God's handiwork!  How amazing to people watch and see God's handiwork!  The latter proves that God has a sense of humor!  hehehe

Lord, help us always look around and admire your handiwork!

Movie Monday
Didn't make it to a movie last week.  I plan to see one this week.

Psalm Sunday
I missed Psalm Sunday because I got up late and then got busy getting ready for my dinner group.  Sorry about that!  The psalm for this week is Psalm 33.  This is a praise psalm that also reminds us of God's nature and who God it.  Pretty amazing stuff!  Read this psalm out loud as you walk around in nature!


Psalm 33

 1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
   it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
2 Praise the LORD with the harp;
   make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
3 Sing to him a new song;
   play skillfully, and shout for joy.
 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
   he is faithful in all he does.
5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
   the earth is full of his unfailing love.

 6 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
   their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea into jars;
   he puts the deep into storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the LORD;
   let all the people of the world revere him.
9 For he spoke, and it came to be;
   he commanded, and it stood firm.

 10 The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
   he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
   the purposes of his heart through all generations.

 12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
   the people he chose for his inheritance.
13 From heaven the LORD looks down
   and sees all mankind;
14 from his dwelling place he watches
   all who live on earth—
15 he who forms the hearts of all,
   who considers everything they do.

 16 No king is saved by the size of his army;
   no warrior escapes by his great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
   despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
   on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death
   and keep them alive in famine.

 20 We wait in hope for the LORD;
   he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
   for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, LORD,
   even as we put our hope in you.


Other Stuff
I am off work today.  Wooohoo!  I finished cleaning up from the dinner group last night.  I am heading out to a movie shortly.  I am having lunch with a friend.  I have a workout this evening and then mens chorus rehearsal.  A busy day.  I will take it easy tomorrow night!  ;-)

I had a couple of good talks with mi tigre yesterday.  He is so sweet to me.  He was very helpful when I was making the pork tenderloin for my dinner group.  Here is what it looked like on the plate:
It is rubbed with Mexican spices.  Mi tigre asked if I could make it for him during his visit.  I said "yes" of course!  I realized afterwards that the sauce was really a sauce and not a gravy.  Gravies are thicker than sauces.  The sauce had a great taste that complemented the spices on the meat.  Very nice!  Everyone seemed to like it.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment