Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It starts at the beginning...

Our Daily Bread
It always amazes me how things come together!  The devotional today is the same topic as the D1 readings for this week!

So what does it mean to "seek wisdom"?  The book of Proverbs says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Prov 1:7).  Reading through all the proverbs is a good place to start after that.  I recommend reading one chapter over and over for a week, then go to the next chapter.  Make notes about the verses that seem to specifically apply to you.  Try not to think about how verses apply to others!  hehehe

Lord, help us seek your wisdom and not rely on our own!

Teaching Tuesday
Yes, the Disciple 1 lesson this week is on wisdom.  The book calls it "right living".  The passages address almost every area of life.  It is pretty amazing stuff!  Like I said above, I recommend reading one chapter over and over for a week, then go to the next chapter.  Make notes about the verses that seem to specifically apply to you.

Also, write down specific areas of your life that you are struggling with.  Make notes of the verses that apply to those areas as you read the Proverbs.  You will be amazed when you do your reading!

Other Stuff
Monday was a relaxing day.  I was off work.  I went to an early movie.  I took a nice nap.  I made an early supper.  I went to mens chorus rehearsal.  I had a couple of conversations with mi tigre.  It was a good day.

Back to the routine today!  I will see what the new year brings!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment