Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beautiful peace

Our Daily Bread
When asked the question: "if you could do one thing and knew that you absolutely would not fail, what would it be?"  I replied: "Negotiate world peace".  The rest of the folks in the room were saying "How do you top that?"  hehehe  The point was not to "one up" each other with our responses!

We all watch the news or read it online.  We all know peace is so difficult to negotiate and to maintain within disagreeing parties.  We all know how peace is difficult to find and maintain in our own minds and hearts.  Why is that?

The Bible tells us that true peace is only achieved through a healthy relationship with God.  Check out John 14:25-31, the scripture lesson for today.  What a great promise!

Lord, please help us to seek peace on this earth!

Teaching Tuesday
I haven't had a chance to read my D1 lesson yet.  I know it is our first lesson in the New Testament.  I will write about it next week.

Other Stuff
Mi tigre fixed a nice, healthy dinner last night.  I eat much better when he is around!  I am sure that will be a priority for us as we talk on the phone after he leaves tomorrow.  I need to keep this up!  I had a meeting at church.  We watched a movie after I got home.  It was nice cuddling on the couch watching the movie!

We are going to make the most of his last night in Cbus.  We will miss each other terribly, but will rest in the fact that this is only the beginning for our relationship.  It will be an amazing ride!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment