Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Out with the Old?

Our Daily Bread
I can testify today!  Yes I can!  hehehe  The devotional for today talks about how valuable and meaningful reading the Old Testament can be to us as believers.  I can testify to that!

I studied some of the Old Testament in the Disciple 2 class I took last year.  We read and glazed over a lot more of it in the Disciple 1 class I took this year.  Though I find lots of the Old Testament scary and strange, I understood exactly that the author of the devotion said -- the OT teaches us about life with God!  I found myself relating over and over to the "human" nature of the people of Israel.  Listen to God, don't listen to God, repeat over and over.  I learned about the heartache that God feels (at least in my simple mind) when we turn away from him.  Wow!  I learned about the nature of God!  What will you learn?

Lord, more to be desired than gold is your Word!

Witness Wednesday
I have a visitor in for a little while.  We enjoyed our first evening together last night.  Life with him seems to natural.  We will see if we both feel that way during and after the visit!  I teased him that we will play it by ear on how long he stays.  We both may be total b(*&(^ to live with!  hehehe  I adore this man, but I will listen to my mind and heart as we spend time together.  I could really fall for mi tigre.

Other Stuff
As I mentioned above, mi tigre arrived at my house last night.  We had a nice evening of talking and hanging out.  I am looking forward to tonight so I can spend more time with him.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment