Monday, January 30, 2012

No matter what

Our Daily Bread
There is a contemporary Christian song called No Matter What by Kerrie Roberts.  It seems to come on first each time I attach my iPod to my car stereo. I usually need to hear it!  Like the children of Israel in the Old Testament, it is easy to forget God when things are going well!

The devotional talks about how God is with us during every moment of our lives -- both the good and not so good times.  We can rely on his promises at all times, though we might not actually believe he will keep his promises.  I am guilty of that.

What are you "not believing" today?

Lord, help us always believe in your promises and in your love.

Movie Monday
Mi tigre and I went to see the movie A Man on a Ledge yesterday afternoon.  I wasn't that impressed with the movie when I saw the previews.  I was mistaken.  The movie was suspenseful.  It had action.  It had a "good guy wins in the end" kind of theme that kept you rooting for the good guy.  I really enjoyed it.

I give it two bear paws for the story line and action.  See it at the movie theater to get the full effect of the ledge!

Other Stuff
Mi tigre and I had a great weekend.  I had such a good time.  He is staying a few more days before he has to travel back home.  We are making the most of the last few days of his visit.  I am so thankful that I met such a kind, sweet man.  I am looking forward to what the future brings for us.

I had another workout on Saturday.  I need to work harder on the workouts.  I will try harder this week.  I noticed that I lost three pounds in the last week since mi tigre came to visit.  He has gently encouraged me to eat better and has cooked several healthy meals for me.  I really appreciate that.

I will be getting back to my normal routine on Wednesday.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment