Sunday, January 8, 2012

With a cheerful heart...

Our Daily Bread
When I first read this passage of scripture and heard a sermon on it, I thought of the Christmas Carol character, Scrooge!  hehehe  He didn't like giving.  On the rare occasions he did give something, he did begrudgingly.  What a transformation by the end of the story!

As children of God, we need that transformation as well.  We know we should give our time and money to church, but often do so begrudgingly.  We do not have a cheerful heart.  Does that mean we should stop giving until we get it right?  No!  We should keep giving and then pray for the Holy Spirit to grow the joy of giving in your heart!  Give, I say, give!  hehehe  It only takes looking at the face of one orphan that your contribution helped or one homeless person that has a warm place to sleep on a old Ohio winter night to warm your heart as well!

Lord, help us always to give.  Help us to give with the joy of your salvation!

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 32 is the psalm for today.  Please read it out loud, with feeling!  Verse 9 is the one that applies the most to me!  DOH!


Psalm 32

Of David. A maskil.
 1 Blessed is the one
   whose transgressions are forgiven,
   whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the one
   whose sin the LORD does not count against them
   and in whose spirit is no deceit.

 3 When I kept silent,
   my bones wasted away
   through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night
   your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
   as in the heat of summer.

 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
   and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
   my transgressions to the LORD.”
And you forgave
   the guilt of my sin.

 6 Therefore let all the faithful pray to you
   while you may be found;
surely the rising of the mighty waters
   will not reach them.
7 You are my hiding place;
   you will protect me from trouble
   and surround me with songs of deliverance.

 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
   I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
   which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
   or they will not come to you.
10 Many are the woes of the wicked,
   but the LORD’s unfailing love
   surrounds the one who trusts in him.

 11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous;
   sing, all you who are upright in heart!


Other Stuff
I had a busy day on Saturday, though it was my own fault!  I saw the movie Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy in the morning.  I ran a few errands after the movie, including picking up something for a little project I did for mi tigre.  I mailed it off so I hope he will get a kick out of it when he opens the envelope.  We had a couple nice conversations during the day.  I fell asleep relatively early, so we didn't have our bedtime chat.  I missed that.

I also did laundry, finished guest room/bathroom cleaning, cleaned my master bathroom, vacuumed upstairs, cleaned the ceiling fans, changed the furnace filter, cleaned some dirty shelves in the fridge and cleaned the kitchen.  I also finished my reading for D1 class and did one of my Spanish vocabulary lessons.  Whew!  No wonder I was tired!

I will rest today.  Maybe do another Spanish vocabulary lesson or two.  I start my boot camp sessions tomorrow night.  I am sure I will be writing about that!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment