Thursday, January 19, 2012

Seek ye first...

Our Daily Bread
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness...  That is how the children's song goes.  It is a constant reminder to me about my priorities in life!

The devotional talks about seeking God.  I loved the little saying at the end:

Because God is great, He will be sought;
because God is good, He will be found.

How cool is that?  ;-)  God is great.  God can be found if you truly seek him!  One of the lines from our scripture reading at church on Sunday struck me.  When awakened by God, young Samuel said something like "Your servant is listening, Lord.  What would you have me do?"  When was the last time you said that to God?

Lord, help us to listen and be willing to obey!


Technology Thursday
Tablets, blah, blah, blah.  Phones, blah, blah, blah.  Here are a few interesting topics.

Ultra thin laptops
After the Apple MacBook Air became so insanely popular, every laptop manufacturer is trying to create a similar product.  Can you say iPad?  There are several coming out in the next few months that might catch up to the Air.  Funny how Apple always seem to leap ahead just as the competition sort of catches up!  I noticed a sale at MicroCenter on the MacBook laptops.  Very nice prices for the next few days if you are in the market.

Kodak files bankruptcy
Talk about a horse and buggy company in a hybrid car kind of world!  Kodak has not been able to keep up with the times.  We will see if they can recover.

Stopping online piracy
Haven't we learned anything?  Why are we letting our government tell us what we can and can't view and download online?  Have we become China?  Several important web sites observed a service black out yesterday to protest the bills currently in our House and Senate to prevent online piracy.  Once again, we have an impossible task managed by an impossible government agency.  Let's move on!

Other Stuff
I had a long talk with mi tigre last night.  We had a great time.  I am looking forward to his visit very much.

I walked with my walking buddy last night after work.  We had a nice chat.  D1 class was a little quiet last night, but we got a lot out of the lesson and the devotional.  I really liked the devotional.  In my prayer time before class, I told God I was listening.  Please speak to me somehow about my questions.  He did so in fine fashion during the devotional with this story of the The Two Wolves.  Praise God!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment