Monday, January 9, 2012

Plans change...

Our Daily Bread
Once again, the devotional hit me right between the eyes!  Plans change.  What is up with that?  hehehe  As a trained project manager, we have a process for changing a plan called a "change request".  Once we set a project plan, a change to the plan requires a change request to document why the project plan was changed.  There can be a number of reasons like management changed the scope or schedule or technical changes or other things.

The thing I learned from the devotional is that I should never set the baseline for the project plan of my life.  I cannot ask God to submit a change request every time my plans go awry!  I also learned that I cannot ask that of my friends, especially mi tigre.  Our plans for the next two week changed over the weekend.  A part of my got upset and was disappointed.  This stems from what Yin used to bring to my attention -- I make assumptions and plans without really thinking about the other person.  The other part of my remained thankful that I met mi tigre and have him in my life, regardless of when he can come to visit.  Things will work out as they are supposed to.  Being flexible and spontaneous is the key.  Letting God work in his time and on his schedule is my plan.  I praise God that he counts me worthy to be in his plan at all!

Lord, thank you for helping me take each day at a time.  I don't need no stinkin' planning!  hehehe

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on Saturday.  It was a very intellectual film, that was almost too long for this type of film.  There was lots of intrigue and spy stuff.  In short, the story is about Gary Oldham's character who is tasked with identifying the mole in the British secret service.  The title of the film refers to the code names for each of the suspects in the movie.  The cast was amazing.  Some of the performances were outstanding.  We will see what the Academy thinks at Oscar time.

I give this movie three bear paws.  You can rent this one.  There is nothing that stands out seeing it at the theater.

Other Stuff
I had a nice Sunday.  We had some great services at church.  I had a nice lunch, and then dozed while watching the Michigan-Wisconsin basketball game.  I talked to mi tigre for a while.  We also texted back and forth that evening.  The mens chorus rehearsal was intense for some reason.  I got a good night call from mi tigre before falling asleep.  Sweet dreams...

I have my initial evaluation for my weight loss boot camp tonight.  I will see how that goes.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment