Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Exercise or not?

Our Daily Bread
I bought a Groupon deal today.  It is for a 6 week boot camp for weight loss and getting in shape.  I realize I can't do all of that in six weeks, but I wanted a "jump start" for this effort.  I have been doing pretty well the past five months.  I lost about 20 pounds or so, keeping most of it off over the holidays.

The devotional today talks about exercise a little.  Yes, there are benefits to exercise for the children of God.  We should do our best to keep our physical bodies healthy.  We should not be obsessed with exercise or anything else that could possibly distract us from our relationship with God.

The devotional says the only thing we should go overboard on is loving others.  Loving others helps us show God to others who may not know him.  Like exercise helps take care of our bodies, we should take care of ourselves while loving others.  I learned about "ministering from an empty well" when I was younger.  You must have something to give to give to others!

Lord,help us love better -- others and ourselves.

Witness Wednesday
I had a good week with my best friend.  We talked about a lot of stuff.  I also talked with mi tigre about several deep topics.  So what came out of those talks?

God used those talks, the Bible readings from this week, and my prayer time to work on my discipline.  There are some things that I need to get better at.  Some things I need to put aside so I can stop wasting precious energy on junk in my mind and heart.  Yes, it is finally time to get disciplined!  hehehe  I mean to be diligent each and every day about these things.  I seem to lose focus after a few days or weeks.  Not good!

I will keep working on it.  I will talk with my counselor some more about it this week.

Other Stuff
I got a few things done last night.  The main accomplishment was to get the snacks ready for D1 class this week.  Woohoooo!  I will figure out the logistics tonight.  I don't want to take my big crock pot to church.  I think I can get by with the small one.  ;-)

I had a good talk with mi tigre yesterday.  He is so sweet to me.  He called me back just to tell me one of our songs was on the radio.  ;-p

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment