Saturday, January 14, 2012

Conflict

Our Daily Bread
I thought the example in the devotional today was interesting.  It spoke to me in an unexpected way.  While the story talked about the disappointment you would feel learning that your child stole from you, the Spirit talked to me about how I get disappointed in friends that I care about when I feel they do something wrong.  I have been praying about that this week as I experienced it again in my current relationship (and the poor guy doesn't even know it!).  ;-p

The Holy Spirit "grieves" or is disappointed in us when we go against its leading.  The Spirit says go right.  We decide to go left.  Going against our spiritual GPS is not a good thing!  ;-)  Knowing that the Spirit grieves made me think more about my actions today and every day.  I don't like grieving.  I don't want to make the Spirit grieve either!

Lord, I want to go right when the Spirit says go right!

Simply Saturday
I tried a new gadget last night.  I will write more about it after I use it a few more times.  It was only $65 at Costco.  I made a Costco run to pick up my pork tenderloins and a few other things for this weekend.  I also picked up my shirts at the laundry, stopped at Kroger for a few things for dinner tomorrow night and stopped by the Mexican market to pick up some spices for dinner tomorrow night.  I am pretty confident I can make the recipe, though I am concerned about the sauce.  I sort of suck at making sauces...

I had some more lessons in "the process" this week.  The process is what at close friend calls developing a lasting romantic relationship.  I had some brief periods of doubt when I wondered what I was doing.  I had to examine my feelings as a different friend asked me what I really wanted to happen.  I realized that these ups and downs, these periods of figuring things out are important in getting to know someone and to solidify feelings if they are developing.  Feelings are definitely developing.  We will spend some more time in person soon.  We will see how that goes.  Having someone stay at your house is a whole new party!

I have a boot camp session this morning.  I will see how that goes.  The QVR session kicked my butt.  It will take me a few weeks to get up to speed.  I need to watch my blood sugar closely and I need to eat the right things before I go to class.  I won't make that mistake again after eating the wrong thing before class on Thursday.  Yikes!

I have also been working on "releasing to God".  This is the exercise I mentioned last week.  It seems to be working for me.  I did not expect to find even deeper revelations of things that I need to release to God, especially some previous relationship baggage.  It will be fine.  The discipline that God has been building in my will help if I stay diligent.  I can do this.  I suck at discipline and being diligent.  ;-p

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment