Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Outside and Inside...

Our Daily Bread
One of the biggest complaints I hear about church people and the most common excuse for not going to church is "churches are filled with hypocrites".  Yes, if we identify ourselves as children of God that attend church and try to do God's will, people will expect a different standard of behavior from us!  This reminds me of the joke I have with my minister about wearing our church t-shirt: "it means I have to be nice to people so I don't embarrass the name of the church!".

The religious leaders of the church in the time of Jesus were accused of being many things like cups that were clean on the outside only or tombs that looked pretty from the outside.  Inside was a different story!  Jesus accuses them in public forums of their behavior.  No wonder he wasn't that popular in the religious realms!

Jesus calls us today to be the best we can be.  Not only for us, but to lead others to him.

Lord, help us always be the witness for you that we need to be!

Teaching Tuesday
The lesson this week was about the transition time between the Old Testament and the coming of Jesus.  We studied Esther and Jonah.  God wanted me to get something profound out of the Jonah story because Sunday's sermon was about Jonah!  Wow!  I did learn something!  Take a look at the books of Esther and Jonah.  There are some very cool stories.

Other Stuff
I did a few things around the house last night before driving back to church.  I had the first meeting of the FOGG group (Fabulous older gay guys).  I came up with the idea and was a little nervous about staring the group.  We had a good first meeting.  I am excited about the future meetings.

I talked to mi tigre after the group meeting.  He was finalizing his preparations for his trip to visit me.  He called this morning to say he is on his way!  I am very excited.  I am trying not to be nervous.  This situation is new to me in several ways.  I will do my best to turn it over to God and just relax.  Be my charming self.  ;-p

My great-nephew is having surgery today.  I will post how the little guy comes through surgery.  I can't imagine having open heart surgery at four months of age.  He had a birth defect that needs to be repaired.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment