Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Surprise!

Our Daily Bread
I am here to testify today!  hehehe  Yes, I can testify that God will surprise you if you follow him as best you can and be open to him working in your life.  Not all of the surprises seemed like a good thing at first, like when I had cancer at age 26.  I learned so much from that experience.  I met a great guy in another town at a bar.  Surprise!  I can tell you that one of the biggest surprises of my life occurred in my latest friendship when I realized that the menial "wax on-wax off" tasks from the past 4.5 years really did pay off!  ;-)  Surprise!

The story of Ruth and Naomi is one of the coolest in the Bible for me.  It shows several sides of God's character.  First, about how God cares and provides for the outcasts of this world.  In that day, a widowed woman was on her own, especially if her husband didn't have any brothers to take her in.  She was thrown from a life of being a wife and mother into being an outcast just trying to survive.  Second, it shows that God really can surprise us when we are least expecting it.  He can surprise us with kindness, with generosity and with love.  Both women were open to this, which is a requirement!

Is God trying to reach out to you today despite your current situation?  Be open.  Trust God.

Lord, help us to trust you completely, even when life's circumstances seem bleak!

Teaching Tuesday
We studied the book of Job this week.  I have to admit that I had mixed feelings when I read the entire book.  We usually praise Job for his undying faith during hardship.  Yes, he did, but he did sort of whine a lot too!  hehehe  IMHO, I thought he sounded a little full of himself when he proclaimed that he was a righteous man and did not deserve what happened to him!  I finally understood that he was trying to get across to his not-so-supportive friends that their view of God was not correct.  "Godly" does not equal "riches and success".  "Trials and tribulations" does not equal 'OMG, you sinned big time!"  hehehe

The few time in my life that trials and tribulations came my way, I was more numb than anything.  I had mixed feelings of trust, faith, questioning and doubts.  I think that is only  human.  We can recover from the questioning and doubts through more trust and faith.  Things may not work out on our time schedule, but they will work out on God's.  Remember the "wax on-wax off " moments!

Other stuff
I was tired when I got home from work.  Not sure why.  I had a snack and then took a quick nap.  I had two quick calls with mi tigre.  I really miss him!  I went to my initial evaluation for my weight loss boot camp.   I can start scheduling my boot camp and QVR sessions tonight.  The exercise and eating recommendations are designed specifically for rapid weight loss with lessons on how to keep off the weight!  I think I can keep it off if I can lose the weight.  I have been stuck in the 15 - 20 pound weight loss range for a few months now, though part of that time was the holiday season.

I have a Costco and grocery store run scheduled for tonight then relax at home.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment