Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yes, I am a planner....

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I am a planner.  It is funny because I was telling a coworker this morning how I am doing much better about not planning everything since I met mi tigre!  I am learning that while there is a little comfort in planning and knowing what is supposed to happen, that it is also confining and restrictive at the same time.  I guess I have a lower tolerance for "not knowing" than I do for "restrictive"!  hehehe

So can a planner be a Christian?  Can a Christian be a planner?  hehehe  The answer is a resounding "yes!"  The key is to plan without being rigid.  What?  Aren't plans made to be followed?  We can make plans according to the way God is leading us, but we should never be completely rigid so that we ignore the leading of the Spirit each and every day.  Sometimes plans will get tossed.  Sometimes the road ahead of us is unclear and we just have to trust God as we take each step.  Yes, it can be scary at times.  Having faith in God for each breath and for each step is unsettling for this planning bear.  ;-p  It is also the life that I have prayed about -- a life that is not ordinary!

Lord, I want to live life your way.  My way is too boring!  hehehe

Technology Thursday
I saw an article on QR codes that I want to share with you.  Below is an example of a QR code.
A QR code is a relatively new form of bar code used for many purposes.  The most common purpose is to store lots of information that can be processed by a cell phone with a camera and a QR code reader.  What kind of information can it hold?   A lot more than a standard bar code!  Several companies are using them to point consumers to their web site.  Point them to Twitter or Facebook.  Point them to Youtube for a video about their product(s).  I have also seen them used for storing personal information a person can scan to add someone to your address book!

I use the Neoreader app on my iPhone to read QR codes.  Start the app.  Focus your camera on the QR code.  The app will process the QR code and perform what is in the code, like going to a web site.  Very cool!

Check them out today.  You will see a lot more them very soon!


Other Stuff
I went home after work yesterday and took a short nap.  I gathered all the stuff I was taking to D1 class for snacks and got to church early.  The chorizo queso dip was a big hit.  So were the Toberlone chunks, the beef sticks and the veggies!  Folks didn't eat the Milano Melts.  I tried one and it wasn't very good.  Oh well.  We had a very good class.

The highlight of the class for me was the question: "is it realistic to ask folks to abstain from sex before marriage and to be faithful in marriage?"  From what I have learned the past few years and from my current relationship, my answer is "Yes, it is reasonable".  This requires a commitment to God and a commitment to each other for the relationship to be more than physical.  Mi tigre and I are working on this kind of friendship and relationship.  We will see where it goes.  It is not easy when you are terribly attracted to someone and care about him or her very much.  Human nature is to express these feelings in every way possible.

God is so good.  Trust God today with every part of your life.  Step forward even if you aren't sure where the road is going.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment