Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Accepting help

Our Daily Bread
One of the most difficult things for me is to accept help.  That help can be in the form of favors or in the form of counsel.  When I had my eye issues, I couldn't do everything for myself.  I had friends offer to come over to do simple stuff like mow the lawn and clean the house.  I really appreciated it very much!

Moses accepted the unsolicited advice from his father-in-law when it came to the way he judged the disputes for the people of Israel.  He and the people sat from morning to night!  That is not a good thing!  Jethro's advice was obviously from God as it has worked for many years since then!

The point of the devotional for was that we should be willing and open to God's leading to accept or offer counsel!

Lord, help us always follow your leading when talking to others.

Teaching Tuesday
The readings this week were the prophetic readings from the books of Daniel, Isaiah, Zechariah, Micah and Malachi.  I didn't understand it all, but it was interesting reading!

The best part for me were the stories in the first six chapters of Daniel (the burning furnace and the lions den stories).  Take a look at those!

Other Stuff
I had a great Monday.  Went to see the movie Joyful Noise.  I will review that on Monday.  I had lunch with a buddy.  I took a little nap.  I went to a QVR session.  I attended the mens chorus rehearsal.  Whew!  It was good day!  I also had  a few conversations with mi tigre.  He is so sweet to me.

Back to work today!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment