Saturday, January 7, 2012

You are the man!

Our Daily Bread
I read the story of David and Nathan in the Disciple 1 and 2 classes I participate in at church.  I have to admit that I have a problem with reading the story.  I have a tendency to look at other folks "who need to hear this message" instead of cleaning up my own house!  Isn't that human nature?  ;-p

The story goes like this: David saw Bathsheba.   David "went in unto her" while Uriah was at battle and got her pregnant.  David tried to cover his tracks by getting Uriah to sleep with her before folks noticed.  That didn't work. That wasn't the most horrible part of the story. David figured out a backhanded way to have Uriah killed in battle so he could have her as his wife.  God told Nathan what happened.  Nathan told David the usual Biblical type story to bring the situation to his attention.  Wow!  I thought Nathan was brave for doing this!

If someone would tell us a Biblical like story to bring a sin to our attention, what would it be?  We all know what we think we are hiding!  hehehe  Is it lust, hate, pride, envy, sexual impurity, etc?  We all have our weaknesses.  Let us all pray that we can figure them out and them over to God before a prophet shows up on our doorstep!

Lord, help us open our eyes to the things that keep us from you!

Simply Saturday
I had an interesting week.  I got a few things done at work.  I spent some time with friends.  I had a few phone calls with friends and family.  I started back into my regular routine with singing and Bible study.  I also had some great talks with mi tigre.  It was not easy for me, but we worked through some things the past two days.  I am so thankful that we are patient with each other!  He is a very special man.

What did we talk about?  I will not go into details as to retain our privacy, but I will say that it related to the entry from yesterday about insecurity.  I made the commitment in my mind and heart to be more disciplined and to not let anything come between me and God and me and my relationship with mi tigre.  I saw how damaging the insecurities could possibly be the past two days.  I wasn't feeling well due to wild swings in my blood sugar levels.  I started exercising again, though I rarely had swings like this when I was exercising last Fall.  I let some fears and insecurities slip into my head and let them snowball into something unhealthy.  Mi tigre was very patient with me as we talked about them.  Like I promised myself (and him), this can't happen again, at least the way it happened yesterday.  God is working in me to trust him more and also enabling me to trust mi tigre completely as we get to know each other better.

This all circles back around to the session I had with my counselor on Thursday.  He told me about a "letting go" tool to use when things swirl around in my pretty little head.  hehehe  I call it the "release" tool.  I imagine the person that I am stressing about walking a dangerous, unhealthy path, falling at times, failing most of the time, while I am watching from the right path, the path of God.  Each time he or she fails, I acknowledge the feelings I am having and then say "I release you to God".  If the person looks back to me for help, I will help.  The points are these: I can only help when they ask me and I can't let their actions upset me or affect my life when they don't want my help.  I hope you can see after reading this blog that I care deeply about people.  I will not let anything come between me and God and me and mi tigre.  My stubbornness is set on that now!  hehehe

Is there something or someone in your life that you need to release?  Think and pray about that this weekend.

Going to the movies this morning, then doing stuff around the house today.  I am looking forward to a call or two from mi tigre. I really like him.  ;-p

Let go, my friends.  Release it to God.  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment