Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What nice gifts you have...

Our Daily Bread
My, what nice gifts you have!  That sort of sounds like a line from Alice in Wonderland!  hehehe

We sometimes think of gifts like an art gallery.  They are nice to look at, but we really don't use them!  We put that heavy plastic protective covering over our gifts like a fancy couch at our grandmothers' homes!  hehehe  The only way to really think of our gifts is for us to find ways to use them for God.  Rip off the plastic covering! Use those gifts!  hehehe

Lord, please help us find our gifts and use them for you!

Witness Wednesday
I had a good week.  As I mentioned briefly last Friday, I had a good session with my counselor.  He gave me some tools to help me "release" things that are bothering me.  Sometimes situations, people or things swirl around in my pretty little head.  The errant thoughts keep me from my relationship with God and relationships with others.  My goal is to not let those things interfere.  I want to truly release things to God as I realize them.  It has been refreshing, but difficult at times.  Letting go of things, though unpleasant, are often too comfortable for us to let go of.  We would rather have the unpleasantness of the known rather than the fear of the unknown.  I decided not to be afraid of the unknown.

I am treading into the unknown with my relationship with mi tigre.  I will not be afraid.  Relaxing and just being the Duane that I have always wanted to be with someone else is what I am trying to do.  We laugh.  We talk seriously.  We plan, we don't plan.  hehehe  We are so considerate of each other.  I could fall in love with this man if we continue this way!  This is the way God told me my next relationship would be.  It is scary and exciting at the same time!  I will not be afraid!

Other Stuff
I had a fun trip to Costco with my walking buddy last night.  We picked up a few bargains.  ;-)  I also picked up some stuff for my weight loss boot camp adventure that I start tomorrow.  I will write about that.

I talked to mi tigre a couple of times.  We had fun texting each other yesterday morning as well.  He is so sweet to me.

I am working from home today.  I have check up at the eye doctor early this afternoon.  I have the D1 class tonight.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment