Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cleaning house...

Our Daily Bread
We see the phrase "cleaning house" used a lot in our culture.  We hear it used for the obvious reason.  We hear it after a new coach begins his or her program at a new school (cleaning house of the old staff).  We hear it when we talk about anything meaning "a new start".  The example in the devotional talks about cleaning house before the Chinese New Year so they can make room for good luck!

Paul's first letter to the Corinthians talks about them being proud of their sin.  He encourages them to "clean house" to put aside all kinds of sin.  What kind of "cleaning house" do we need to do with our lives?  I know I do!

Lord, help us listen to the great housekeeper of our minds and hearts, the Holy Spirit!

Simply Saturday
Sorry for the late entry today.  My friend from Cincy wanted to go to breakfast before our appointments today, so I got up VERY early for a Saturday morning!  I didn't have time to submit this entry until early evening.

We had a nice time at the mens chorus retreat today.  Very cool.

I got to talk to mi tigre twice.  We were both very busy today, so we are being flexible with the phone calls.

I earned another free 30 gallons of gas at Giant Eagle.  I am going to pick that up now.  That is like a $100 worth of gas!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment