Friday, January 20, 2012

Not the righteous...

Our Daily Bread
Friends of mine in high and college thought I was a little "out there" because I would talk to or hang out with anyone who wanted to get to know me.  Their race, creed, color, etc didn't matter to me.  I wanted to show God's grace and love to all folks!  This often lead to some interesting situations like running with a pack of Palestinian men in college!  Good times!

Jesus revolutionized religion in his day.  The people of God, the Jews, kept to themselves and obeyed the strict laws of their faith and community.  There were over 600 laws to keep at any one time!  Wow!  Jesus broke many of them while taking the message of His Father's love to all people.  He ate with tax collectors and sinners (which would have made him unclean in the Jewish realm).  He touched those who were sick (which also would have made him unclean).  He healed on the Sabbath doing his Father's work (a strict taboo).  Jesus' message to us was to go where the Father commands us to go!

Lord, I want to listen.  I want to go where you say go and talk to whoever you say talk to.

Foodie Friday
My hero told me that this week is restaurant week in Columbus, Ohio.  Here is the link to the web site
There are many options available.  Check them out while you can.  I might check out the Polaris Grill tonight when my skinny friend from Cincy arrives.

Other Stuff
As I mentioned above, my skinny friend from Cincy arrives tonight.  He is staying with me for the weekend while he referees volleyball.  He will head home on Sunday.  Mi tigre arrives Sunday night or Monday (depending on the weather and such things).  I have a busy weekend with the mens chorus.  I have an all day retreat on Saturday.  I have my first board meeting on Sunday.  We will see how that goes!

I went to my second boot camp session last night.   That was my fourth session in eight days.  That is a quick start to my weight loss boot camp!  I admit that I was very tired and didn't give my best.  Not sure when my next session will be.  I will probably take next week off.  I am trying to eat better each day.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!



No comments:

Post a Comment