Friday, January 13, 2012

Turn off the ADT

Our Daily Bread
Like millions of folks in the U.S., I have the ADT alarm service to protect my house.  It is comforting to know that I have this protection.  I must turn it off in the mornings before I leave for work or even a welcome guest will set it off!  There is a way to program a code that a guest can use to turn off the alarm.

We all have a built in ADT or alarm system in our heads and hearts.  If someone or God tries to get too close that alarm goes off!  Warning!  Warning!  One of the keys to be a child of God is to give God a pass code to your internal alarm system.  You can trust God.  He will visit you as often as you let him!

Lord, help us lower our defenses so that nothing comes between you and us!

Foodie Friday
Here is the other recipe I looked at for my dinner group on Sunday.  It is the Pork Dijonnaise dish from the Bristol Bar and Grill in Louisville, Kentucky.  I love that place!


Bristol Bar & Grille's pork Dijonnaise

1 1/2 to 2 pounds pork tenderloin
Oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar

Heat oven to 325 degrees.

Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Brush with vegetable or olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes, turn pan back to front and roast 10 more minutes, or until the internal temperature in the thickest section reaches 155 degrees on a meat thermometer.

In a skillet, melt butter over low heat. When melted, add mustard. Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar. Cook and stir another 2 to 3 minutes.

Slice cooked tenderloin on the diagonal. Pour sauce over pork.

Serves 6.

Other Stuff

Had a busy day yesterday.  Didn't get to talk to mi tigre very much.  We were both tired after I got done with choir practice.  It is cold in KC and Columbus.  It would be nice to cuddle with him to keep warm!  I have a three day weekend, so we can talk more this weekend.

Going to relax.  Do some reading.  Work on my Spanish lessons.  Go to a boot camp session.

The QVR (quick visible results) session last night kicked my butt, especially during the upper body exercises.  I will keep plugging away at it.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment