Saturday, January 28, 2012

Don't judge now!

Our Daily Bread
One of the silliest shows on television, IMHO, is a show called Reno 911.  The humor is raw and silly and often naughty.  They made the show into a movie a few years ago placing the officers in Miami.  When one of the rather bottom heavy ladies got funny looks walking down the beach in a thong, she said over and over "Don't hate now!"  Ha!

The message for children of God is to not hate and not judge.  We have all met church folks that are less than kind and less than supportive.  They seem to use church to feed their own egos and selfish needs.  Who needs to be around people like that?  Well, again IMHO, we need to talk people where they are and love them like Christ loves them.  It is not easy, just like it is not always easy to love me!  I can be a handful!  hehehe

Lord, help us to always love, always look at others like you do.

Simply Saturday
The visit is going well.  Mi tigre arrived on Tuesday night.  I worked Wednesday and then took off Thursday and Friday.  We had some friends over for dinner Thursday night and had a nice time.  I had some tentative plans for Friday that worked out great.  I took him to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.  He figured it out as we drove the two hours there.  We will stop by Canton some other time for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  ;-p

We had a great time in Cleveland.  I found it interesting that we have about the same attention span!  hehehe  We looked at each other after a few hours and said "I am ready to go!".  ha!  I took him on a "slice of life" tour down Route 83.  It cuts through the tree of my life.  I pointed out the areas I lived as a kid and young adult.  We took Route 83 from Interstate 90 down to Interstate 71 and drove back to Columbus.  We didn't visit my family.  We will do that another time.

I was a little embarrassed at the time, but I shared a side of me that most folks never see.  I stopped by my grandparents' graves for a minute.  I needed to talk to Grandma to tell her "I met someone..."  Mi tigre was very sweet when talked about it in the car.  February 14, 2012 is the tenth anniversary of her death.  Grandpa would have been 100 this year if he was still alive.

So where is the relationship going?  We will see.  I know I care about mi tigre very much.  He is the first man I have ever known that accepts me for who I am and encourages me to be me.  He is supportive and not pushy. Please pray for us as we figure out our relationship.,  I am not sure if he is going to church with me tomorrow.  I am being like him -- supportive and not pushy.  Yes, I can really do that!  hehehe  I know I am very good at being pushy.  I am also very good at being supportive.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment