Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Come, Holy Spirit, Come

Our Daily Bread
Dangerous words!  hehehe  Look at the first two chapters in Luke, as the devotional says, to see how the Holy Spirit can shake up a person's life!  Praise God!  Some of us need shaking up!  I know I do!

The devotional was a neat take on the working of the Holy Spirit in several lives in the Christmas story.  It talked about how we should let the spirit of Christmas linger all year long!  I know folks that turn back into Scrooge the day after Christmas!  hahaha!  

It is nice to think that we can at least try to keep the spirit of Christmas all year long.  The only down side to that is the month of December may not be as special!

Lord, please help us to listen to your Spirit.  Please fill us with your love so we can share it with others.

Witness Wednesday
Getting to know someone new can have some unexpected side effects -- getting to know yourself better.  That is what happened to me in the past week.  Mi tigre arrived last Tuesday night.  He is leaving this morning.  We talked about so many things during our visit, sharing things about ourselves and our pasts.  Sharing what we want for the future, if we decide we want a future together.  I thought I had dealt with my baggage, but some is still hanging around the carousels of my mind and heart.  I will get over these things because I care about this man very much.  I think my biggest problem is assuming too much.  I will write more about that as I figure it out and can express coherently!

Other Stuff
We had a nice evening.  I took mi tigre to my special restaurant, J. Alexanders.  We had a nice meal and just talked and talked.  I look into his big, brown eyes and sort of lose track of things!  hehehe  

I will read my D1 stuff tonight after work.  Back to my normal routine!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment