Saturday, February 4, 2012

Planting seeds...

Our Daily Bread
I used to love watching the "whirlybirds" when I was growing up.  They were one-sided propeller looking things that dropped off trees.  I learned much later they were seeds that the trees were dispersing to grow more trees just like it.

I loved two of the lines in today's devotional:

"Should we not then fill ourselves with God’s Word and pass it on to others with the prayer that God will use it for His intended purposes?

It may be that a simple word offered in love, guided by the wisdom of God, and borne aloft on the wings of the Spirit will have eternal consequences in someone’s life."

I entitled this entry "planting seeds".  The seeds are planted in two places.  First, we plant God's Word in us and grow strong just like the first quote says.  Won't God use us if we learn and grow and be open to his purposes?

While we are in that process, because it is a life-long process, we should be like the trees I talked above and disperse the "whirlybirds" of God's love so they can take hold and grow in others!  The Spirit guides us along the way!

Lord, thank you for your Word and your love.  Help us disperse it as often as we can!

Simply Saturday
Wow, what a week or two I had!  Work has gotten busier for me, but is not too bad.  I am a little behind with learning my mens chorus music for the concerts at the end of this month.  I have a fun trip to Chicago coming up next weekend to visit the car show.  I love going to the car show!  I haven't been in a few years.

I had a great visit with mi tigre.  My life may have changed.  We will see where this relationship goes.  I really miss having him around the house.  He was a lot of fun to hang out with and live with.  Yes, we have our differences like any couple.  We are figuring those things out and working through them.  The relationship is moving forward.  I joked with my friends "He lived with me for a week and is still talking to me!  That is a good thing!"  ha!  I thank God for meeting this special man.

This relationship is new territory for me.  I am trying to be easy on myself for admitting that.  A 52 year old man that really hasn't been through the process of falling in love.  Some people never really experience it, I guess.  That is sad.  I fell in love at first sight with my ex.  Yikes!  Even if this relationship doesn't work, I have a better idea of what to do the next time I meet someone.  I hope I don't ever have to do that!  I really like mi tigre!

The part that amazes me the most is that I had no clue about some of the things I have been doing and thinking while in a relationship.  I had some hints about these things when I dated Yin and Yang.  I am digging much deeper now that I ever have before.  You know what happens when you dig deep -- you find things you didn't expect or necessarily want to see!  hehehe  I haven't found Jimmy Hoffa yet.  That is encouraging!  The key to any relationship or friendship is accepting each other regardless.  There are times you have to agree to disagree.  Some of the differences may irritate you at times, but you work through it together.

I mentioned an issue I finally admitted to myself the other day.  I describe it this way:
not really listening or adding my own filters leads to...
making invalid assumptions that lead to...
setting unrealistic or false expectations that lead to...
disappointment or hard feelings or anger.

Yikes!  Yin tried talking to me about that, but I couldn't see it and wouldn't listen.  I understand now.  I will work on it.  The part that hurt me most is that I caused mi tigre some discomfort with the relationship.,  I never want to hurt him in any way.

Enough serious talk for now.  I realize I am too intense at times.  I also established some new jokes and nicknames for mi tigre as well, none of which I will be writing about here!  hehehe  We laugh about them in our phone calls.  We love to laugh together.  ;-)

I have some errands to run today.  I finished most of my laundry last night.  I also watched a movie on Amazon Prime.  I will review that on Monday.  I may watch another one tonight.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment