Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The ledger of my life

Our Daily Bread
When I took an accounting class during my MBA program, I learned about the double entry accounting system where each debit had to have a credit.  They off set each other so the books would be balanced.  The devotional made me think what the ledger of my life would look like!

I hope there would be many credits for "helping the less fortunate" to offset the debits for the many times others helped me.  I hope there would be credits for "having faith" to offset the debits for the times I doubted.  I hope there would be "offered grace and mercy to others" to offset the debits for the times that God offered me grace and mercy.

I then realized that my lifetime accounting system is a sham.  No, not that pillow thingy on your couch or bed.  hehehe  Sham also means false or bogus.  I realized that I have to throw the Quicken Accounting software in the trash because I could never keep up with the credits that God gives me each and every minute of my life!

Lord, help us to be thankful for your grace and mercy.  Help us to show others what you showed us.

Teaching Tuesday
The D1 class lessons for this week and last were all based on the book of Matthew.  We read the entire book in these sessions, with each week focusing on some different aspects of the writings.  The book is mainly known for a comprehensive list of the parables of Jesus. While it lists some of his many miracles, it focuses on his teachings.  I am going to talk about the parable of the mustard seed for the devotional this week.

Other Stuff
I ran a few errands after work, then chillaxed at Starbucks to finish my D1 reading for the week.  I made it over to church in time to set up for my group meeting.  We had a nice time talking and getting to know each other.  Only two more weeks of the group left!

I had a nice talk with mi tigre.  We teased each other as usual!  I really like this guy!

I have a mens chorus gig tonight.  I plan to work on my music before and after the gig.

I had some uncomfortable business to take care of last night.  I had some messages with someone that has been a problem for me the past few years.  My stubbornness kept me in the friendship because I felt it was my Christian duty.  I finally opened my eyes to see that no friendship is worth this.  It takes two to be friends.  I was one man short!  I ended the friendship and let him know why.  He is so deep in denial about himself that he didn't understand.  I am not the one to explain it to him. Only God can help him if his "stiff-necked attitude" will allow him to see how he treats people.  Not many folks who know him on more than a casual basis want much to do with him.  It is sad.  It is painful for me, but I will get over it.  I am sure he won't miss my friendship at all.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment