Monday, February 27, 2012

Yer not from 'round here, are ya?

Our Daily Bread
How cool is this?  A reference to Star Wars in the devotional!  I love Star Wars!  hehehe  The scene the author talked about reminded me of some churches too!  The way the creatures looked at the strangers was sooooo typical!  ha!

So why is it so difficult for us to get to know and accept folks that are different than us?  I an not sure.  I have always looked for new friends from many different places and backgrounds.  I think I realized at a young age that my life til that point was very sheltered.  I remember the first time I announced to my family I had an African-American friend.  Oh nooooooo!  They have worked through their prejudice issues over the years.

I find it amusing now that two of my cousin's children are married to Latino men.  I am also attracted to Latino men.  ha!

Lord,help us realize that different is not bad, just different!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies last week: Haywire and Pina 3D.

Haywire
This movie has been on my list since it came out because I like strong chick movies (and TV shows).  The main character is (a female UFC fighter in real life) double crossed by her ex-boyfriend/employer.  The rest of the movie is her trying to survive and kicking lots of butt along the way.  The fight scenes are pretty wild as she takes a lot of hits.  I was surprised by that.  I liked the movie because there were lots of well-known actors in it.  There wasn't a lot for them to "act" in the script.  Also, the lead was not an actor at all. God love her!

I give this movie one bear paw.  See it on video if at all.

Pina 3D
This movie is a homage to late choreographer Pina Bausch (1940-2009), a leading influence in the development of the Tanztheater style of dance.  If the movie had been all dancing, it would have been pretty cool.  I was not familiar with this style, so it intrigued me.  It was more "homage" than dancing.  I almost fell asleep!  The 3D effects were just OK.  I teased my walking buddy that her husband would have lasted about 30 seconds before he excused himself!  Only see this movie if you LOVE dance and you are very interested in learning more about this artist.

I give it one bear paw.  See it at a artsy theater.

Other Stuff
We had some nice services at church yesterday.  I enjoyed them both, as usual.  I like hearing the sermon twice.  I get something different out of it each time!

I had a conversation with mi tigre after church.  I enjoy talking to him very much.

I did a few things around the house and took a nap.  I made some black beans, but they turned out more like black beans and brown rice instead of black bean soup.  They had a nice spicy kick that I liked a lot.  They were great with a little reduced fat sour cream.

I went to an Oscars party at my mentor's house.  We had a nice time and I met some new folks.

I came home and went to bed shortly after.  I am up and at it this morning with my morning workout.  Whew!  I hope I get used to this soon!  hehehe

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment