Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What a reminder!

Our Daily Bread
Coincidence or divine plan?  Chance meeting or all part of the master scheme of things?  It is difficult to know sometimes.  I don't believe in one "master plan" like in the movie The Adjustment Bureau.  I do believe in what I call "divine coincidence".  ;-)

Have you ever had anything happen like the story in the devotional?  What a divine coincidence!  What are the chances of that happening completely at random?  To me, that is the beauty of being a child of God.  Not only having these happen in your life, but also recognizing them and being thankful for them!

What divine coincidence will happen to you today?

Lord thank you for the mysteries and wonder of divine coincidence!

Witness Wednesday
I am giving the devotion tonight in my D1 class.  I have thought a lot about it in the past few days.  I have to admit that I forgot about volunteering for this week until I received the email reminder from my minister.  Yikes!  So what am I going to talk about?  I decided to talk about Matthew 17:20.  My classmates may be surprised since I am usually "Mr. I-believe-it-all" when it comes to the Bible.  I struggle with the mustard seed and other faith stories.

What is the struggle?  From what I have studied and learned, I think it is the lack of discernment.  What?  hehehe  I struggle with knowing exactly what situations to have faith in God to take care of.  To know what situations that are right for me to believe in without a doubt.  Here are some examples:

Illness:  I had cancer when I was 26 years old.  I felt God told me to have faith because he was going to completely heal me even though things may seem bleak at times.  I believed with little doubt it would happen.  It eventually did happen about 8 months later.  Wow!  Faith works!

How does this faith apply to others in my life?  I am having faith that my great-nephew will be completely healed from his heart defect after the surgery he had last week.  How will things work out?  I don't know.  I will trust God to know that the best thing for everyone involved with happen.  That the result will be to make everyone involved more "whole".  Isn't that what Jesus wanted for each person who touched him?

Relationship: I had a relationship that I believed was from God.  I prayed and believed, had faith, that God would work things out between us in his time.  We both had some baggage that we needed to deal with.  I was willing to be patient if he was patient with me.  Even thought we got to know each other and prayed together and spent time together, he didn't feel lead to be in a romantic relationship with me.  That is my discernment issue.  I have trouble discerning exactly what to have faith in at different times in my life.

What is your faith like?  What do you have faith in?  I believe in God and the way he works in my life.  Do you believe he really works in yours?  I realized after I met mi tigre that I had serious doubts about meeting my someone special even though God promised that to me.  I have trouble trusting myself because I made mistakes before.  I pray that I can let these things go so I can be closer to God and closer to mi tigre!


Other Stuff
I had a short mens chorus gig last night at the Boys and Girls Club building on Cleveland Avenue.  There were a lot of kids.  They were very attentive and polite.  I hoped they enjoyed the music.

I had a couple of phone calls and got some things done around the house after I got home.  I went to bed on time.  I needed the rest!

I have a workout tonight, then the D1 class.  Busy night!  I will fit a phone call or two with mi tigre in there as well!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment