Thursday, February 2, 2012

Resources

Our Daily Bread
I found the devotional interesting today.  One sentence caught my attention:
"No matter our resources, we will fail unless we use them according to God’s plan."

Wow!  I never thought about it that way!  Imagine having all the money in the world and not being able to influence something the way we want because it is not God's plan!

So what is God's plan?  Yikes!  What a question!  We talked about this in my Disciple class a few weeks ago. We decided that God's plan is in two parts: what he wants for us and what we do with our free will.  God wants each one of us to be whole.  Being whole is different for each one of us.  I will try to write more about that sometime.  I am in the process of learning more about how this works.  The second part is how we use our free will.   Do we use it pursuing God's kingdom on earth like we should or doing other things?

Lord, please help us always pursue your kingdom in our hearts and on this earth.

Technology Thursday
I want to write about two portable power supplies that I use with my iPhone and BlackBerry devices.  They are both reasonably priced and seem to be reliable.  Here they are:

BYD Mobile Power Supply 2200Mah For IPHONE 4,IPHONE 3GS
I found this for $22 on amazon.com.  Here is the link.  It is not that big, but seems to charge my iPhone 4S twice with each recharge.

Just Mobile Gum Pro 4400mAh External Battery for Portable Devices
This is a GREAT charger.  It is very powerful.  It easily recharges my iPhone three times with each recharge.  It is not very big.  I highly recommend this charger.  Here is the link on Amazon.com where I paid about $51 for it.

Other Stuff
I had some Pad Thai for supper last night and then worked on my Disciple 1 reading before class.  Class was great this week!

I have to admit that I was a little reluctant going home since mi tigre wasn't going to be there when I walked in the door!  I miss him a lot, but look forward to seeing him again in the next month or two.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment