Monday, February 13, 2012

Let go...

Our Daily Bread
As might have noticed, I changed the last line of each blog entry a few months ago.  Today's devotional reminded me why.  Our God is a loving, caring God to whom you can cast you cares.

We don't have to "hang in there".  From the scripture passage in Psalms, we can see that the righteous can lean on God.  Instead of hanging in there, we need to let go of all of our cares so God can strengthen us each and every day, each and every breath!

What are you holding on to today?

Thank you, Lord, for caring for us!  Help us hand over our praise and cares to you!

Movie Monday
It was very cold in Chicago on Saturday, so I spent the day at the movies!  I had a good time even though the movie theater was very busy.  It looked like everyone else had the same idea!  I saw three films.

Safe House
The "safe house" was anything but safe!  This was a film about a rogue CIA agent (Denzel Washington) that turned himself in to the US Government.  The safe house was compromised and the character played by Ryan Reynolds was charged to keep him safe out in the wild.  There were lots of twists and turns in the movie, but I felt it was about 20 minutes too long.  I found myself not caring if either of main characters made it out alive.  I wanted to go to the next movie!

I give this movie two bear paws.  You can rent this one.  No reason you must see it at the theaters

Underworld: Awakening
I forget if this is the third or fourth entry into this series, but I still like it!  This time the main character has been frozen for twelve years while the humans purged the vampires and lycans off the face of the earth.  There are some major plot twists that I don't want to give away, so go see it!  The main character is rescued and battles some of the remaining lycans to an exciting close.  If you liked the first few movies, you will probably like this one as well.

I give this movie two bear paws.  This one was in 3D.  The effects were not that great.

Chronicle
This was a last minute choice after reading the reviews of the people who saw the movie.  It started very, very slow, like a normal teenage angst movie.  When the action started, it was slow then careened way off course!  In short, the plot is about three teenage boys who find an object underground that gives them superhuman powers.  They "chronicle" their development and progress.

I give this movie two bear paws.  See it at the theater for the special effects!


Other Stuff
I had a good trip home yesterday.  I worked on laundry and rested before heading to my dinner group last night.  We had a great time and the food was wonderful!  I also brought some Chicago mix from Garretts for my hero!

I have the fourth installment of my small group tonight.  One more week to go!  We have had a nice time.

I have most of my reading done for Wednesday night.  I need to read the manual tonight or tomorrow.

I talked with mi tigre yesterday about some decisions I need to make.  He was very sweet as usual and gave me his input.  I appreciated that.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment