Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Legacy

Our Daily Bread
I had a discussion with some friends recently about legacy -- how will people remember you after you are gone?  I thought of that discussion when reading today's devotional.  Folks looked back on the life of John and remembered not only what he didn't do, but what he did!

I think we have all known folks like that in our lives.  The "behind the scenes" kind of person that you never really notice until the stuff they do is not getting done any longer!  Let's all make an effort to notice and thank those folks the next time we see them!

Lord, help us all do our part.  Help us all seek only your kingdom.

Witness Wednesday
After the devotional on Monday, I have been thinking and praying a lot about fear.  What am I really afraid of? How is that fear affecting me in my health, my relationships and my walk with God?

I have also been praying a lot about "releasing" things to God.  There are some things I may never be able to release to God completely.  I am trying to overcome those things.  To let go is a wonderful thing.  To let go of the pride of "I can do this on my own" is a huge deal for me.  God is healing me and making me whole and helping me to love better as I let these things go.  Not being driven by fear is a wonderful thing!

Read the devotional again.  Think and pray about it  I know I will.  Here is my last thought about fear (from an old devotional):
"Have confidence in your relationships, and avoid suffocating people out of fear."

Other Stuff
I had a great evening with my hero last night!  We had dinner at El Vaqueo and then attended the Ohio State - Illinois boys basketball game!  Woohoooo!  We had a blast.  The guys played well.  They won by 17 points.  We were hoping that Michigan would lose to Northwestern, but they pulled out the game in overtime.  The other result that disappointed me was Missouri's loss to K-State.  Mi tigre will be disappointed with that!

Going to run some errands tonight and take it easy.

If you notice the time on the posting, I got up early this morning to work out.  ;-p  Mi tigre and I are trying this approach for a while.  The only downside I see so far is that taking the pre-workoiut stuff needs to get into my system at least 30 minutes before the workout.  I will try writing my blog and doing an chore or two before I workout to allow that to happen.  I will let you know how it works out.  I want to get through this plateau.  NEED to get through this plateau!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment