Saturday, February 18, 2012

Teaching and learning...

Our Daily Bread
I had an unusual thought while reading the devotional this morning.  It was about how students should ask questions and how teachers should be open to answering questions with the patience only God can give.  It said that experts agree that students learn more as the result of answered questions than from imparted knowledge!

My thought was this: does this mean we learn more from God when we question him?  For me, if I care enough to ask a question, I usually care enough to remember the answer!  I know how God has taught me so much in the past few years because I was brave enough to ask questions.  I tried to do it in a respective "He-is-my-God" kind of way, but I often questioned God and his methods!  Yikes!  I think it is healthy.  Even Jesus asked God to let this cup pass from him.  Wasn't he our example?  The difference is that we usually keep passing the cup when we should be drinking!

I love this prayer from the devotional:

Lord, may I be approachable and open to listening
to others’ questions. May I not feel threatened but
instead have confidence that You will give me wisdom
to know how to reply or where to find an answer. Amen.

Lord, I want to answer and love the way you want me to!


Simply Saturday
Whew, I had an eventful week.  I wrote about stuff each day, so I won't go into it this morning.  I finally decided to make time for my fitness.  This is the biggest commitment I have made to myself in many years.  It is nice to have someone to do it with!  I will see how it goes.  I found a used Reebok step last night at Play it  Again Sports for $30.  Woohoo!  I think my home gym is complete now.  ;-p  I need to use it several times per week!  I will let you know how I am doing.  I am stuck at the 20 pounds lost mark, but I have been firming up and losing inches since I started exercising again.  That is a good start.  The weight will drop off as well.

I am going to my walking buddy's house for supper tonight.  That should be fun.

I had a nice dinner and talk with Yin last night.  Please pray for him to take care of himself as much or more than he does others.  He is not looking good.

Going to work out now!  ;-)

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment