Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How will I be remembered?

Our Daily Bread
I liked the homage paid to a loved and respected man in the devotional today.  It reminded me of a conversation I had with some friends recently about how each of us might be remembered after we pass through this life.  We each had our thoughts and hopes of what others would say about us.  In the end, all that matters is what God says about us!  I hope I hear "you are my beloved child in whom I am well-pleased"!

How do we need to live our lives to get the desired result?  The scripture passage from Proverbs 15:21-33 gives us some great insight.  Check it out and make some notes about how we should live.

Lord, thank you for giving me direction to find my way to you!

Teaching Tuesday
The Disciple 1 lesson this week is the book of Luke.  We studied Luke extensively in D2 last year.  I enjoyed it.  Take a quick read through it this week to see what you think.  I am enjoying the comparisons between the different books and how some of the details are different and the same.

Other Stuff
I saw the movie Act of Valor last night after work.  It was interesting.  I will review on Monday.  I had a salad for supper when I got home.  I found a salad dressing I really like that only has one gram of fat per two tablespoon serving.  Woohoooo!  I did a few things around the house and had a conversation with mi tigre before hitting the sack.  I am up and at it this morning for my aerobic workout.  I will probably walk at lunch as well.

Not sure what is on the agenda for tonight.  I need to make some care calls.  I will probably take care of those.  I might watch some TV or do some reading.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment