Saturday, February 25, 2012

What hair?

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I am hairless on the top of my head.  It seems I can grow hair everywhere else on my body except for my head!  Oh well.  I accepted my baldness many, many years ago.  I enjoy the current fashion trend of baldness and very short hair.  I am in style!  That is so important to me!  NOT!  hehehe

But I digress.  The devotional uses the analogy of "letting your hair down" to lead into the story of Mary.  She was the woman who anointed Jesus with expensive oil/perfume and wiped it off with her hair.  I never realized that the women of that time didn't let their hair down in public.  That was an interesting tidbit to add even more meaning to the story!  She risked her most valuable treasure and her reputation in one act of love!

That begs the question: what are we willing to risk to be a servant for Jesus?  Are we willing to "let our hair down" so we can serve others?  Will we risk looking silly or exposing our faults so we can better serve God?

Lord, help us let our hair down and be willing to do whatever it takes to serve others in your name!

Simply Saturday
This was an interesting week of ups and downs.  I did a decent job of staying on an even keel.  There were some challenges at work.  Even keel.  There were some relationship challenges with friends.  Even keel.  There were some serious conversations with God.  Even keel.  There was a breakthrough in a situation I have been praying about.  Even keel.  Saw the Buckeyes beat Illinois at the Schott.  Yeah, I got a little excited.  hehehe

The even keel thing is important for me since I can be an up and down kind of guy at times.  I started a new workout routine that starts at 5:00 am each morning.  I am happy to say it is working already.  The problem is that I get tired right after lunch.  I can be cranky when I am tired!  I can get very tired when doing stuff in the evenings.  Whew.  I will get used to it.  I am excited that I am already seeing results the first week of this routine and from using the Bowflex machine.  I will keep it up.

Yesterday was mi tigre's birthday.  I sent his present a few weeks ago as it was for both Valentines Day and his birthday.  He should have gotten his card in the mail by Friday at the latest.  I will ask him about it today.  I hope he had a good time with friends and family last night.

I worked on my D1 reading and laundry last night.  I have a busy afternoon today as I am singing with the church choir at a memorial service, and then attending a movie with my walking buddy.  I found a Groupon for the theater that is playing a movie she wants to see.  Her husband owes me one as it is not a movie he would see with her!  We will both enjoy it.  It is called Pina (in 3D).

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment