Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friends are friends forever

Our Daily Bread
I was a little surprised that the devotional wasn't about love today!  Instead, it is about a form of love called "friendship".  What a blessing to have wonderful friends!  It made me think of the Michael W Smith song "Friends".  Check out the lyrics.

So what is a true friend?  That is a difficult one.  It is almost like the chicken and the egg paradox.  Which came first?  Getting a close friend or being a close friend?  My friendships have spanned the gamut from the ridiculous to the sublime.  There have been folks that I have been friends with most of my life.  There are some folks who want to be friends, but just can't do it.  I had to end one "friendship" last week.  It was so one-sided that I felt abused and taken advantage of.  God does not expect us to be in unhealthy relationships just for his sake.  The key is to remain open and loving without hard feelings.  I don't want anything or anyone to come between me and my relationship with God.

Lord, thank you for my beloved friends!  I praise you and thank you each day!

Teaching Tuesday
This week's lesson is about the book of Mark.  Apparently, it is the earliest of the New Testament books even though it doesn't come first in the order of the books.  Mark focuses on the immediacy of Jesus and his actions.  It is a short book with short chapters.  Give it a read today.  It is sort of like the Cliff Notes of the life of Jesus!

Other Stuff
I came home to do a few things, then went to church for week four of my small group.  It was an interesting class.  We are thinking about some things that are sort of deep right now.  It is good to know that we have people that we can talk to about these things.

I got to talk to mi tigre for a while before nodding off to sleep.  He saw the movie Safe House yesterday afternoon.  He felt the same way I did about it -- it could have been 30 minutes shorter!

I have a boot camp session tonight, then will finish my reading for D1 for this week.

I decided this week to drop out of mens chorus.  I have not been happy with the group since I went back last Fall.  I finally figured out that I didn't want to spend my time and energy on it.  I sing in two other groups that I enjoy more and don't take as much time.  I wish them the best.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment