Thursday, February 9, 2012

I will follow him...

Our Daily Bread
In the movie and Broadway musical of Sister Act, they rearrange the secular song "I will follow him" to a sacred purpose.  I wonder if Simon Peter would have sung that to Jesus if he knew the tune!  hehehe  I wonder if we will sing that song today in our lives!

Yes, we have different types of choices at different times in our lives.  Jesus told Simon Peter that there would come a time when he would not have a choice about where he was lead like when he was younger.  Most of us will have that challenge!

The question for us today is: will we follow Jesus?  What is your answer?

Lord, help us to follow you, to feed your lambs and take care of your sheep.

Technology Thursday
Have you ever heard of USBCell batteries?  Here is the web site. These amazing batteries, available only in AA size right now, have a USB jack at one end.  You plug it into a computer or USB charger to recharge the battery.  How cool is that !  I have been using them for a while now.  They seem to hold up very well.

Pros:
They seem to hold a charge better than most rechargeable batteries I have used.
They are easy to plug into your USB 2.0 ports on your computer to recharge.
They don't require a special charger

Cons
The cap that covers the USB plug feels a little flimsy.  I am afraid that I am going to break it off (it is held on by rubber band thingys).
They are much more expensive than regular rechargeable batteries (get them on special!).

Check out the site.  They have a buy one get one free deal if you use the code LOVE1FREE until February 15.

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening.  I went to a QVR session at the gym, then rushed down to church for my Disciple 1 class.  I was not happy that I rushed to be on time since I had the devotional and found the class starting ten minutes late!  Oh well.  My devotional went OK.  I spoke about the Witness Wednesday topic from yesterday (about the faith the size of a mustard seed passage).

I had a nice talk with mi tigre after class.  He is so funny.  We love teasing each other.  I look forward to seeing him again when it works out for both of us.

I have a Boot camp session tonight and then choir practice.  I fly to Chicago tomorrow for a long weekend. Should be fun!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment